My wisdom tooth broke!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by moonshyne, Jan 9, 2005.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

well, crumbled is more like it....on the side that faces my cheek. It doesn't hurt, but it's really sensitive when I touch it or eat. Plus, I have pretty bad bruxism, where I grind my teeth really bad at night so I know I'm gonna end up hurting it tonight. I'm mad about it, I know I'm gonna have to have it pulled. That really fucking sucks. :mad:

2. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

Happened to me before I got decent dental coverage... I hate it for you. A little alcohol before bed, if you can have it, it will help keep you from grinding at night. Many drugstores also carry a sort of "Tooth patch kit" type of thingy that can provide you with some temporary protection. It's about 5-7 dollars.

Best of luck to you

3. moonshyne

Yeah, my step sister was telling me about some shit called "red cross" that I can buy OTC that will kill the nerve. Plus side-it won't hurt me....down side-it kills it, so there wouldn't be any chance of fixing it or filling it, it would just have to come out. Plus you gotta be super careful with it and not touch your gum, tongue, or other teeth....since it's in the back of my mouth and I can't really see it, that seems kinda hard to do.

I've never had to have a tooth pulled before. I'm scared to death right now....I hate pain. I'd almost rather leave it there and let it rot then to go see a dentist about it. Almost, but I won't.

4. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

man that sounds painful!

5. moonshyne

Really it isn't, I'm more nervous about it than anything else. I took a bite of something and I felt a little shockwave in the back of my mouth....not like really painful, but definitely noticable. I figured a broken tooth would hurt alot more.

I'm scared that getting it pulled will end up hurting more than it does right now. But I know if I don't get it done it's just gonna get worse. :(

6. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

Getting your tooth pulled isn't that bad unless you forget about it later and try to eat the have to pice little peices of food out of the hole :(

7. moonshyne

How long will the hole stay there? ewww, that's awful. I'll have to remember that, and stick to eating jello or something. I can touch it now more than I could an hour ago, and the entire middle section on the side of my tooth is gone. I've got a huge gawd damn crater there now

Oh, woe is me, for my tooth is broken.......