My views on America and Other countries

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by purcolekraze, Jan 26, 2005.

1. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

Us Americans are seen as greedy and stupid. Face it no countries like us so we try to buy alliances from other countries by donating money to them when they get hit with, lets say, a Tsnuami for example. Where were these countries when 911 happened? Oh wait, nevermind; some of those countries were the ones dancing in the streets when that tragedy happened. We always end up paying other countries out of their problems when we have our own to deal with. Forget the homeless in third world countries because we have our own needy to deal with. Taxes are being raised, prices are going up and yearly income is going down. School's don't have paper, my school doesn't have much heat and we have to pay to ride the school bus now. What is this country comming to? Corporate America sucks. I should know I'm in marketing and sometimes i want to kill those judgemental business men and women.

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

If you'll remember correctly, I know you were in diapers at the time and everything, but virtually the entire world expressed sincere sympathy after the 9-11 attacks, or whatever they were. I actually think other countries expressed more sympathy than say, the US did towards Spain after al quieda bombed the trains in Madrid.

Almost the whole world was with the US, then 1.5 years later almost nobody was.

3. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

Oh, jeeze, sorry for being wrong, Oh yeah and for the records, I was 12.

4. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

No matter what, you don't understand the magnitude of things like that when you are 12... take no offence. ...and I agree with seamonster. It isn't like America is at all compasionate, afterall... who needs it when you have money, right?

The way the world plays, alliances, wars, etc... it's all a bureaucracy, it's all a game. You fight, you make peace, you win, you lose... there is no common ground when you are dealing with billions of people who's ideologies all differ. You just do your best to stay in a game that doesn't have any rules.

...oh, and about taxes being raised, stop bitching. You can't bitch about not having paper at school, and then about taxes being too high... where do you think the paper comes from? People shouldn't be fighting for tax reform, they should be fighting for budget reform. Piss on the people spending the money, thats where the problem lies. If the money was being spent properly in the first place, taxes wouldn't have to be raised. Don't get mad at the people who, in the end, still need the money.

5. Megara

Megara Banned

This is a tad unfair to say. I know there were vigils in new york city for the madrid bombings, which was what we got for 9/11.

I know the US turned against spain right after their election because they removed their troops from iraq quickly. This, of course, rightfully or not, was seen as caving into the terrorists.

I dont know how accurate it is to say that the whole world was with us. Europe and Australia/NZ..but most of them except NZ had to because of NATO/ANZUS.

I think all americans were overwhelmed with the vigils and signs of support right after 9/11, but people were back to criticizing bush quickly. Heck, remember how much criticism bush took for saying "dead or alive?" That was 6 days after 9/11.

6. green_thumb

green_thumb kill your T.V.

I don't blame anyone for disliking Americans. The United States is the world's largest polluter and we refuse to do anything about global warrming which is going to be responsible for the extinction of almost a third of the earth's species in the next 50 yrs. Heaven forbid we live more modestly to accomodate other living things! We start unprovoked, illegal wars...How can anyone be proud to be an American?
    Btw, why should other countries come to our aid for state-sponsored attacks like 9/11?

7. Higherthanhell

Higherthanhell Banned

Why would anybody like a country that has a retard for a president? The fat greedy rich people got their tax break at the expense of innocent Iraqis. Amerika has no compassion for anyone except the greedy rich...so fuk em...take your blood money and stick it up your ass. I'm sure if another 9-11 happenned the world won't be as sympathetic....they'd probably have Bush's attitude..so what..it don't affect my bank account.

8. Megara

Megara Banned

for someone who has a 'make love not war' avatar you sure hold a lot of hatred and anger in your heart.

9. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

. hi megara . i think higherthanhell has hit the nail on der head . he is a person who see"s right through their deciet /lies/ and corruption bush and his cronies have placed on the usa . maybe he has hatred and anger in his heart .i also have anger in my heart. seeing unnessary wars / poverty / kids being shot ect ect.doe"s this not make you angry ? / peace /

10. Megara

Megara Banned

Every nation has things to be ashamed of. Africa has been virtually ignored by the rest of the world. Millions of people have lost their lives and will continue to lose their lives while no one does anything to help them.

It bothers me that this happens. I dont hate countries becuase they have ignored africa and other poor parts of the world. I just hope that they will come to realize how many people are suffering and get off their collective asses and do something.

Yes, the iraq war has caused people to suffer. It is a tragedy. It is a bigger tragedy to continue ignoring places like Africa which is full of civil wars/famine/hiv/disease that is devestating the continent. People seem to be content criticizing bush for the bad he's done, while they continue to overlook the bad things their own countries do or dont do. Anyone who continues to ignore these problems in africa is just as evil as they make bush out to be.

11. paulfreespirit

. i agreed with all that but for the last sentence .forgive me but as your sentence goe"s quote = anyone who continues to ignore these problems in africa is just as evil as they make bush out to be .can i ask who is just as evil ? . do you mean people in power or people (ordinary working class guys and gals who express their opinions )? my opinion is that their are a load of evil powercrazed persons who govern countries (not theirs i might add ) the peoples . the difference with bush "is that he thinks he can stormtroop all over the world " why ? .so in my opinion bush is not only evil he is dangerous anall.................peace

12. Megara

Megara Banned

I mean everyone.

We saw how many people protested before bush even dropped a single bomb on iraq.

How many people protested when 500k died in rwanda? While millions were killed in cambodia? and the past years in the sudan?

How many people are lining the streets of the world to protest the lack of aid to africa?

People protest over bush, and they continue to ignore everything else.

Africa is the real tragedy of our time. It most certainly is not iraq and not bush.

13. paulfreespirit

.again here what your saying megara . i dont think people are ignoring everything else . i mean we have charity"s collections " donations given to organisations who are taxed by rich goverments .therefore there has already been monetaries taken away from the people who need it most . for me personally if i won say the lottery ( i can dream ) instead of given a big chunk to the uk goverment to pass on to africa ( knowing the goverment will take a huge tax ) from it " personally i would try to take it over meself to pass on .as for africa being the real tradgedy ( which it has been for a long time ) we now face another tradgedy if bush continues with his f**k the world attitude . two wrongs dont make a right .there are many tradgedies that need putting right. / peace /

14. Megara

Megara Banned

several billion dollars was raised by the international community to help the tsuanmi victims.

How often do you see similar things for africa? People are dying in much larger volumes in africa, and there isnt the same push.

Yes, nations do donate to african nations, but its not nearly enough.

15. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

quote: No one gave a shit, all I saw was many countries, INCLUDING THE FUCKING FRENCH! Dancing and parting in the streets like it was fucking marti gra

That was likely the most sympathy shown towards the Americans ever. It's in no way true that "no one gave a shit." Have you ever given a shit when something bad happened in another country...I have. I can't even hear about the massacres in Rwanda without caring

Using the term "the fucking French" shows me a lot about what type of person you likely are.

16. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Stupid, purely stupid. That is all I am going to say.

17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

A friend of mine was in New York at the time of the Brighton Bombing when the IRA nearly killed Margaret Thatcher and killed several other people. He met many Americans that were out celebrating the bombing and found out that these Americans believed that the ‘English’ deserved everything they got in the way of bombs and bullets. In fact for years most of the funding for terrorist organisations like the IRA came from American citizens.

18. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

yeah remember those huge protests about Sudan and Chechnya? i don't.

19. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

I've gotta say, I hope I don't offend any Britons, as I have tons of respect for your peoples and cultures, besides my heritage is half Welsh and half Irish (last name Jones, maiden name Flinn, how stereotypical can you get :p) No one is justified in committing terrorist acts like the IRA did, but, I do not believe that the British have ever had any right to occupy northern Ireland the way they do. If they had stuck to military targets, I might endorse the IRA, but they didn't, and I don't. I personally think that all of Ireland should be under Irish rule and that Britain and Ireland should have a relationship as close allies, not as master and servant, but I don't always get what I want, and no one is justified in murdering innocent civilians.

Anyways, the way I see it the IRA is another example of an ideal being taken too far. Was what the IRA fought for a worthy cause? In my opinion, yes. Did they go about it the right way? Hell no.

So, in conclusion, both sides are wrong, now hug and make up.

20. green_thumb

green_thumb kill your T.V.

What would you have liked the rest of the world to do? They did have sympathy and were in support of us. That is quite a lot right there considering how asinine and greedy our country is. BESIDES 9/11 WAS OUR GOVERNMENT'S DOING. Our government did it!!

Oh good.