My tongue is white!!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by environmental_junkie, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Hey way to go! Thats sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Speaking of sweet, if it is candida that you have, which is too much yeast, don't eat sugar or yeast. Yeast is in baked goods, unless they say 'yeast free'.

2. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

I think that might be the problem! But I've had my tongue for a couple months now, so I no longer use the stuff. Maybe it's my toothpaste?

3. kayte

kayte Member

if you are really concerned about this issue with your tongue, check out ayurvedic links or, even better, talk to an ayurvedic doctor. i go to one (an ayurvedic doctor is one who follows an all natural, herbal based treatment system using indian herbs and basic veggie foods.) the reason i suggest this is because they diagnose you via tongue, pulse, and discussion. tongue is a huge part of it- they say that if you've got toxins in your body, they'll come out through your tongue. i don't know why your tongue is white, but i'd look into it further this way.

4. freakwentflyer

freakwentflyer Member

Yes, it sounds like candida.
    You have to cut out sugar and yeast. I had candida so bad that I had severe pains in my hips and joints for years. Doctors told me it was arthritis.
    After about a month of no sugar or yeast, the white tongue cleared up and so did the pain.
    You don't need to read a book. Just don't eat any kind of bread except WHOLE wheat tortilla type bread. Nothing with any kind of sugar in it, including fructose. No fruit for a while, too. And no booze or beer. If you have to have a drink now and then, drink something 100 proof or more but not much. I like Wild Turkey and water myself.
    Not that I believe you will try any of this but candida can lead to all kinds of serious health problem including colon cancer. That's were it starts, in your upper colon.

5. freakwentflyer

freakwentflyer Member

Oh yes, and no white potatoes or white rice. Sweet potatoes are OK.

6. environmental_junkie

You just took out all the food I eat! and no booze? *gasp* I always have sharp shooting pains in my stomach and sides, would it cause that? What all can it do, why is it so important? I really don't like going to doctors so... I probably wont, actually I'm having my tonsils removed soon will that cause anything to happen?

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

hey kiddo, that's why you *need* to read a book about this stuff. it'll give you ideas of what you CAN eat, which is what you really need to focus on. get yourself to the library, you resistant teenager!! LOL

re removing your tonsils. i'm willing to bet that the reason your tonsils are acting up in the first place is because your body is in a toxic overload. fix that problem and your immune system will relax and mellow out.

and now, i'm bowing out because you keep asking for answers, you keep getting all kinds of excellent information from lots of different people and yet, there's no feedback about you actually doing anything about it... just more questions that have already been answered for you.

be well!

8. SIEKK

SIEKK Member

At my dad's pharmacy the Amish always come in for a homeopatic remedy. Get some Gentian Violet from a pharmacy. It's a tincture in a small brown glass bottle. You may have to ask for it sometimes it's not OTC

9. freakwentflyer

freakwentflyer Member

Yes, The pains can be caused from it.
    The reason I said you don't need to read a book is because no one I ever recommend the idea to, actually does it.
    In your upper intestine natural bacterias grow. There are good bacterias needed to help you, that you could die without. What I'm talking about is a yeast or bad bacteria that grows in the upper intestine, kills off the good bacteria, then spreads throughout your body causing all kinds of trouble.
    In extreme, it can kill you slowly.
    I'm sure others know much more about how it works than I, and if you can, do read up on it. I found out about it last year on line. And I'm now pain free. I do miss sweets and beer the most, but not the pain and lack of energy.

10. environmental_junkie

Alright. I'll be honest. I don't plan on cutting any of that out. So if I do have thrush what might happen if I ignore it?... I'm great at ignoring things. But you know, I might not even have it. Think positive :)