My tongue is white!!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by environmental_junkie, Jan 24, 2005.

1. environmental_junkie

environmental_junkie Member

What does this mean? Like my whole tongue isn't white, but the majority of it is. Am I sick? It's been like this for a while actually. It wont go away. Help

2. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Do you brush your tongue when you brush your teeth? If you don't, it might be bacteria...

3. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

might be a sign for too much acid in your body. you can test that using ph sensitive test strips and putting a few drops of urine on it. and it should be at a ph level of between 6 and 7

4. environmental_junkie

Yes I brush my tongue, floss and use mouth wash.

Yea, I do have lots of acid in my body, acid reflux, and heartburn all the time. Fun! ... But how does that affect my tongue?

5. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

It could be an allergic reaction. Does your tongue actually hurt?

I know I have allergic reactions to foods containing citric acid: lemons, oranges, grapefruits, pineapple, sour candies, pop, etc. What happens when I eat them is my tongue basically blisters. It turns white and sort of sheds the top layer. It's so attractive....

6. environmental_junkie

Hmm... all I've been eatting lately is bananas. Is that still possible?

7. SIEKK

SIEKK Member

Could be thrush, which I believe is yeast growing in your mouth

8. SIEKK

SIEKK Member

9. environmental_junkie

Your shitting my right? How does that happen?

10. environmental_junkie

Thats so discusting, I want to puke now.

11. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

thrush

it's not uncommon

get a copy of dr. atkin's new diet revolution out of the library and read it. he also outlines how to treat thrush/yeast overgrowth thru diet in chapter 13

good luck to you!

12. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Atkins sucks...don't buy his book. Maybe I am biased as a veggie..but. Grapefruit seed extract treats candida.

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

meh

i bet you've never even read any of his work.

candida will keep coming back if you dont get to the root of the problem. yeast feeds on sugar, take away the sugar and the yeast dies.

more info about systemic yeast infections: http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/health/Concern/Chronic_Candidiasis.htm

14. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If it ain't thrush then maybe she just eats lots of cottage cheese and forgets to self-hydrate.

15. environmental_junkie

Trust me, thats not a problem.

...So how does this 'thrush' thing start anyhow? How do I get rid of it?...I'm not about to buy a book just to find out.

16. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

you have access to a library right?

okay, atkins developed the anti-yeast diet over 2 decades ago. there are dozens of other anti-yeast-infection books that are based on his original work. there's too much info about yeast and why it happens to put it into a post on a message board....you really need to read a book to gain a full understanding of why it's happening. get thee to the library and read!!

and you could just go see your doctor and get a script for diflucan. but chances are that you're going to end up with yeast again (and again and again and again....), unless you make some lifestyle changes.

good luck to you!

ps, google is your friend... http://www.google.ca/search?q=books...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

17. environmental_junkie

Well tell me please, what kind of lifestyle changes do I need to make?

18. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

I didn't read his book, but I know that its a high meat diet. You lose weight because you don't digest the food you eat. Lifestyle changes.....you can't live off bananas. Me an spacer gave you a bunch of lifestyle changes to make. The thing is...once you get into health you'll find that everyone has different opinions on what is healthy. You prolly already know what is healthy for you, you can feel it. All those baked goods your mom males are not good to eat all the time. Fresh fruit and veggies are. Its simple really. Eat food the way god made it.

19. environmental_junkie

Crystal, well my mum hasn't been baking for while, and I've started eatting way healthier. I haven't slipped up for about 2 weeks and I don't really feeling the cravings anymore... I just hope it stays that way! Well I have a new motivation, so that makes it way easier. :)

20. Advaya

Advaya Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hello,
    I just got my tongue peirced earlier this month and I was told to use mouthwash everytime I ate, but I didn't get the kind I was told to right away (biotene) and instead used an off brand of listerine. My tongue was incredibly white and I went back to ask the piercer if it was ok and he says that using alcohol based mouthwash kills off beneficial bacteria in your mouth causing your tongue to turn white.

I started using the biotene mouthwash and my tongue was back to it's normal color in three days :)

So you could be using too much alcohol based mouthwash.