my (temporary) life plan

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by PsychadellicSinatra, Feb 12, 2009.

1. PsychadellicSinatra

PsychadellicSinatra Member

So a few weeks ago my mom was going to make me take a drug test (she had it in her hand, not just saying she was) so I just admitted that I smoked weed. She was mostly just pissed that I had lied & was saying that b/c I'm looking for a job it would be dumb to not get a job b/c I failed a drug test & I have no $ to spend on it (she didn't even really care about the illegal part). But she made a big deal about being in her house & I have to give it up & she could always give me a random drug test. It's retarded b/c I'm 24 & although I do live in my 'rents house they still treat me like I'm in high school (apart from the weed stuff) even though I pay all my bills w/ my own $. So my buddy who I went to college w/ says his boss might have a job 4 me so I'm going down next week to interview. I'm also going to look for jobs in other places in the area as well just to get the fuck away from here. If I get a job I'm going to live w/ my buddy b/c hes got an extra bedroom & don't have to deal w/ my rents b/c they'll be 500 miles away. I've also been looking for jobs where I'm living now just so I can move the fuck out of the house. So hopefully something works out. I just felt I needed to vent about my situation & I'm sure there are plenty of people out there like me who just either want to get out of their 'rents house or are having shitty luck finding a job.

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

yes, tons. Difference is, theyre 14.

3. Severely stoned

Severely stoned Senior Member

dude the fuck are you doing at home still?

You can pay your own bills but cant get a fuckin apartment?

4. lucjl volcin

lucjl volcin Senior Member

gtfo of there

5. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

move out asap

6. mr.greenxxx

dude, i need to ask, have you ever gotten laid???

7. Buddha Fish

Buddha Fish wanderin' fish

(^that's a cig he's smoking in you sig, weedwacker, just fyi)

good for you OP. i can't wait to move the fuck out of my house

8. thisisme5

thisisme5 Herbal enthusiast

9. mr.greenxxx

dude, no one, i repeat, noooo one smokes a cigg like that.

10. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

yep. i wondered if it was a cig for a while, but used the same reasons as you stated to decided that it is a joint

plus, you can tell that there is no filter

11. Buddha Fish

Buddha Fish wanderin' fish

12. mr.greenxxx

probably joker...

13. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

"temporary life plan" kind of contradicts itself.

14. PsychadellicSinatra

To answer the question, the reason I'm not out yet is basically they've only recently begun to get shitty about things. As I said I've lived on my own the past 5 years & it wasn't until recently that I had to come back home for financial reasons. If I really wanted to I could have stayed where I was but I would be essentially be living paycheck to paycheck (it was also an awful place to live) and not be able to do anything. I can't afford to live on my own here b/c of cost of living but where my buddy lives cost of living is extremely low & we would be living 2gether & splitting costs of everything & I still have a lot of friends in that area, which just makes in more tolerable. So even if I don't get a job there right away I still may move & hope for the best. The problem is if I don't find a job I would be completely out of money w/in a year, & that's just paying the bills & gas & food, etc. nevermind buying anything that I don't need (weed for one, haha) So as of now I'm pretty much planning on moving in w/ him, but we'll see what happens once I get down there.

15. MarcoWasRight

MarcoWasRight Member

Did you graduate from college? If you have a degree, there will always be a job (for now at least). Because of the economy you might only be making 10 or 12 bucks an hour but a job is a job. Even if you didn't graduate there are plenty of small businesses that look past high school kids for jobs because they need someone responsible.

As for your mom bitching at you, she does have a point. Whether or not weed has any effect on your unemployment is unknown to me, weed is expensive if you smoke regularly. I remember when I worked 25 hours a week making 8 bucks an hour and would still manage to blow half my paycheck smoking with my buddies on the weekends.

16. Severely stoned

Severely stoned Senior Member

just look at his eyes

17. PsychadellicSinatra

Yeah, I did graduate college, & u are right, most jobs are just above minimum wage, but right now I'll take what I can get. I actually had a job interview today, but its only a p/t job, but as I said, I'll take what I can get right now. I've worked in my field for a bit (broadcasting) but its tough right now. Clear Channel (who I worked for) layed off over 1900 people nationwide recently. Another company i worked for (along w/ some I havent) are on hiring freezes for a few months. And now I've heard Sirius/XM may be filing for bankruptcy & changing hands, so who knows what'll happen there. But right now I'll take a job doing sales over the phone, as long as I make money.

18. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

its quite the norm for folks to move in with their folks for a minute after they're done with school while they get up and on their feet

19. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

i say live under their rules for a bit until you can bank some money and afford a couple months expenses before attempting to move out