My Soul Bared; Talking about the Future

Discussion in 'The Future' started by solargarlic, Feb 1, 2005.

1. solargarlic

solargarlic Member

Right on, Lotus. These are all things I have come to realize sometime over the past year. Whatever time we have left here can't be spent worrying about what is to come. All is meant to be in the end and we might as well just dig life in every good way every good day. Of course, this is keeping in mind that we should love and respect each other by showing compassion whenever possible. Be good to yourself and others and the whole world will follow you. And if they don't, simply give them your love and a grand old smile.

2. WHorseTurtle

WHorseTurtle Member

Mmmmm, I am in agreeance. Much is going to change, in a very rapid way and if people aren't vibrating within the frequencies of Mother Earth and the Solar Sun, they will very rapidly develop disease. Others with die in the changes due to Earths skin. That is why I always intend to live within Divine Timing, with Earth and all the kingdoms.

Blessings
    Francine

3. Skratch

Skratch Member

Peace and no violence....

sounds good man Im ready

4. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

“The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed task in the Art of Peace. Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that can be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here to realize your inner divinity and manifest your innate enlightenment. Foster peace in your own life and then apply the Art to all that you encounter.”
    ~ Morihei Ueshiba
    Founder of the Martial Art of Aikido

5. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

I was just practicing Aikido tonight. Tis the only Martial Art (i know of) that has

PEACE

first and foremost at its core both in the martial movements of the body and in the philosophy and deeper understanding of the art.

6. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

Ok im really passionate about this practice so im gonna share a few more quotes from the founder who lived from 1883-1969.

“As soon as you concern yourself with the “good” and “bad” of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you.”
    ~ Morihei Ueshiba

“Contemplate the workings of this world, listen to the words of the wise, take all that is good as your own. With this as your base, open your won door to truth. Do not overlook the truth that is right before you. Study how water flows in a valley stream, smoothly and freely between the rocks. Also learn from holy books and wise people. Everything—even mountains, rivers, plants, and trees—should be your teacher.”
    ~ Morihei Ueshiba

“Create each day anew.”
    ~ Morihei Ueshiba

“Each and every master, regardless of the era or the place, heard the call and attained harmony with heaven and earth. There are many paths leading to the top of Mount Fuji, but there is only one summit--love.”
    ~ Morihei Ueshiba

“In your training, do not be in a hurry, for it takes a minimum of ten years to master the basics and advance to the first rung. Never think of yourself as an all-knowing, perfected master; you must continue to train daily with your friends and students and progress together in the Art of Peace.”
    ~ Morihei Ueshiba

“The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed task in the Art of Peace. Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that can be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here to realize your inner divinity and manifest your innate enlightenment. Foster peace in your own life and then apply the Art to all that you encounter.”
    ~ Morihei Ueshiba

“The art of Peace I practice has room for each of the world’s eight million gods, and I cooperate with them all. The God of Peace is very great and enjoins all that is divine and enlightened in every land.”
    ~ Morihei Ueshiba

7. paintingjames

paintingjames freaky fish

thank you for sharing those are some very beautiufl and desirable words mr. applespark

8. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

Great post LotusBlossom. Also yogi for peace I read the link in your sig with the biography of Morihei Ueshiba, very interesting, have you been practising Aikido long?

9. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

I have been practicing for a total of about a year - give or take a month (had a break for a while).

For me, I am hooked. Some people say "oh its just another martial art" or they scoff at the idea of "ki" or "chi" or "prana" or "life energy" that we can influence and that radiates from us always.

But for me, Aikido is one of the most beautiful expressions of humanity I have ever experienced.

The dojo I attend does not slack on the philosophical and spiritual aspects to the art.

Thanks for taking interest!!!! =D

10. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

Its just so amazing. Its the manifestation of peace on the physical plane that can overcome direct physical aggression.

11. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

I wouldn't scoff at the idea of chi, becuase I do tai-chi and chi gung and the concept of chi is central to both of these internal martial arts especially chi-gung as the different chi-gungs are meant to help restore your chi therefore giving you more energy/life force.

12. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

What can I do to learn more? I am intrigued.

13. WHorseTurtle

WHorseTurtle Member

Dude
    Lotusblossom
    I was just in CT like in january, went down to the rainbow gathering in Ocala, then came back to Maryland (hoping to go to Cali and Southwest pretty soon and then Washington...) and now I see you've moved too and are in Maryland as well! HA!