my (somewhat) morbid pleasure! :)

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by lucyinthesky, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

I've been friends and more with plenty of girls with impressive dreads that weren't dripping with goo. I haven't the foggiest how they managed to do it, but they did. I'm not saying they had the cleanest hair on the planet - but they weren't giddy over the feeling of buttery grease oozing out of their head.

Just sayin.

2. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

jesus, i never said i was dripping with buttery goo; Fantastic job on the exageration though. & I was being sarcastic, jackass. I'm not that fucking sick. :rolleyes:

3. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

thats what i meant by "like"

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

well then, you need a dictionary

how is it any wrong doing on my part to not like a certain quality?
    I am sure there are qualities that you do not like in girls
    do you like racist girls?
    do you like dangerously obese girls? (and I mean the type that can't walk)
    do you like self-absorbed girls?
    do you like girls that look like men?
    do you like transvestites?
    well me personally, I do not like greasy girls

5. lucyinthesky

ARE YOU COMPARING MY UNWASHED HEAD TO A RACIST ATTITUDE!?!?!?!?

omg duck my poor feelings!!!!!!111 :rolleyes:

okay i think my post got a little misconstrued.....i'm not a totally huge greaseball....i don't look any dirtier after day 10 than i do after day 2 of not washing my hair. all i meant was that it feels so nice not to be obsessing over washing my hair every day and worrying about "dirty hair". It's nice that not having to worry, or care, or get pissed off about my hair. It's nice that dreads stay clean for so long without looking like i dipped my head in olive oil...

i though that washing them every few days would make them awesome, but now that i've tried going a couple of weeks between washing, they look so much nicer...they're softer, they hang more nicely, and they just look more relaxed. BEsides...many of you who are saying i'm gross also commented on how kick ass my dreads look, so i gotta be doing something right...haha :rolleyes:

anyways, it's nice to see i'm not the only one who obsesses about constantly washing them

6. Yakima

Yakima Member

I think you look beautiful just the way you are, lucy. :)
    Actually your post made me think and today I thought "hey, I don't care at all about what people think about me or my look" It's an awesome feeling to be careless, we should all be more free.

Peace

7. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

Lucy, I think you're awesome :)

8. erizoe

erizoe Member

Ahaha how could this turn into a fight?
    (side comment, people e-egos get a bit wacky sometimes, it happens to all of us)

and what do you wash with lsd? I am assuming bronners...just wondering for me =D

9. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

LUCY I THINK YOU ARE DISGUSTING. YOUR HAIR IS DIRTY AND REALLY GROSS. YOU SHOULD SHAVE YOUR HEAD AND GET A LIFE. btw i hope you werent being sarcastic that you enjoy the smell of your unwashed scalp...

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

nah, Lucy, I understand that
    but when I am kissing and such, my hand tends to end up on the back of the head navigating through the hairs, and if I was feeling scalp seepage, that'd kinda gross me out :tongue:
    I am not generally grossed out by dreads or anything, but that's helluva nasty thought :p

11. FairyKissed

FairyKissed Member

Lucyinthesky I totally understand where you are coming from, although for me its more of a feeling natural type feeling and smelling good at the same time. I love to feel clean, but a different type of clean than smelling like expensive perfumes and soaps and such. I love the way my hair smells and feels after a nice washing with tea tree soap or other natural fragnences on my body like patchouli and lavander and such. These are the types of oils and herbs that our ancestors bathed with for years. I feel like some sort of earth goddess or something after I bathe because I still smell like me but also have some nice natural fragrances mixed in!

By the way, I think that you are absolutely beautiful and I am soooo jealous of your dreads!

*~*~*Peace & Hugs*~*~*

12. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

yeah lucy! way to stand up for us greasy dready ladies!

13. lucyinthesky

lol <3
    oh god no, it feels great! The buttery feeling was where i exagerated a little. :rolleyes:

& fairykissed, that is exactly what i am talking about, lady.....! Ya said it perfectly!

i just think it's so silly that people swoon over dreads all the time but it seems they don't realize that most people have to go a very long time (2 weeks plus) without washing them. Mine already take over 12 hours to dry completely & they're still only babies!... Think i'm going to do that every few days when they stay clean anyways, just because it's not "normal" to wash your hair every few weeks?? It's not like my washing routine is abnormal....from what i gather, this is what most dreadheads do. (Especially ones with long and/or mature dreads)

14. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

well you are clearly doing something right, :) so i would stick to it