my (somewhat) morbid pleasure! :)

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by lucyinthesky, Apr 24, 2007.

1. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

i have this sick satisfaction with how greasy my roots are getting. Is that weird? I've just been so used to being "clean & pretty" that saying "FUCK IT!" to my hair has been almost revolutionary for me. It rules that when i scratch my head, my fingers feel like i've been playing with butter. I love that i haven't washed my hair in 2 weeks and feel normal about it. I love the deep, unique, natural smell of them now that i've gotten all that sick chemical shit out of my hair! I know a lot of people here talk about how you should wash your dreads to keep them not smelly and to not "give dreads a bad name" but fuck, i can't wait 'til im a big crusty dreadhead who doesn't shower for 2 months and still has kick ass dreads half way down her back.

2. lazysunbird

lazysunbird Member

I think it's freakin awesome you feel that way!
    More power to ya!
    :)

3. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

hell ya! I totally feel the same way! I love how dreads smell, and look, and feel when they are left to themselves! yay for dirty hippyness...

4. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Yeah, I don't like my hair being greasy. I also don't like washing it...don't care what anybody says, Doc Brons does NOT rinse clean. I prefer just rinsing it off every other day and actually washing it maybe once or twice a month. That's a happy medium for me.

And my head doesn't smell either...it doesn't even get musty anymore. Even when it gets that dirty feeling you're describing, it just smells like hair. :)

hehe, so does head goo stop stinking when you stop using poopy chemical soaps?

5. yay! good for you :D
    i generally feel the same way ;)

6. Yakima

Yakima Member

Often I only wash with water. They smell so natural:)
    I agree with you, lucy, the smell on dreads is something special.
    Power to the natural people!

Peace

7. goatboy1186

goatboy1186 Visitor

I used to rub that grease and smell it... it was awesome.... now my hair isnt greasy from winter maybe. cant wait till my head gets gross again ;)

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

remind me to stay away from girls with dreads :)

9. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

dude girls with dreads are hot

10. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i think about that greasiness that builds up.. i think maybe thats where wax comes into it all.. people assume it's the same.. and it's not. natural head greasy dreads it up just right. love, peace and hair greasy?

11. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

I'm all for girls with dreads(-really- for), and I'm all for the whole "fuck being a prissy pissy glamorous princess" attitude.

But seriously, yuck.

12. oilymoily

oilymoily Banned

I love the smell of my head. I have a scarf that I keep my hairs up in sometimes, or keep it around my wrist just in case, it's my pillow at night. It smells just like my head :) very sweet smell, it's wonderful :)

13. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

if you're "-really-"all for girls with dreads, then you better start diggin the dirt....anyone with a decent head of dreads does NOT wash their hair as often as you seem to think :p

14. erizoe

erizoe Member

=) I love girls with dreads, like the way that preteen girl love orlando bloom...like...distract me all day kind of love them =)

it's cool if you like greasy hair, I can't bring myself to that =/ my hair gets greasy maybe towards the end of my 'every-two-week' washing schedule and I HATE IT!!!
    it makes me break out and stuff ahh

but more power to you lsd =)

15. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

I love half black half white girls w/ dreads omg lol

16. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Lucy you're a cool girl :)

17. DayUSeX

DayUSeX Member

man that is just creepy *shudders*

but if it makes you happy

18. Duck

I thought so too... until now

19. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

then i'd have to give them even more credit for dealing with guys who dont like them because of they're hair/lifestyle.

20. Duck

I never said I don't like them, I just mean tI wouldn't be able to date one
    greasiness = grossness

furthermore, they never do have to deal with me (cept for on the internets)