My second earthquake.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by MeAgain, Jun 17, 2019.

1. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I'm about 150 miles away from the epicenter. i'm not sure about soulcompromise. Apparently yesterday was a 'foreshock' to tonights quake.

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Same as yesterdays, ridgecrest. More inland than where I live.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

A foreshock, maybe it could be circumcentred.

Orison likes this.
  4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Le Sigh..... :D

Cheers Glen.

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I can almost picture it now………..

I was watching TV when suddenly everything in my house began to shake. The chandelier tried to touch the ceiling. I tell you I was scared. I was shaking like an old man with an advanced case of Parkinson’s disease.

Someone rang my door bell. I looked through the peep hole and there was my neighbor, a woman, who I have had a clash with before. She was completely naked, apparently she panicked and ran out of her house without thinking.
    She asked me for a towel to cover herself with while she figures out how to get back into her now locked front door. I slammed the door in her face and said fend for yourself bitch.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well, they do say natural disasters bring the best characters out of people. :)

GLENGLEN and hotwater like this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I was driving home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield
    Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station
    And the preacher said, you know you always have the Loooooord by your side

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

In the ground

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

For some reason I always thought you were on the east coast

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yes we are. It's really powerful when something like that happens. Sort of knocks the wind out of me emotionally.

MeAgain likes this.
  12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I suppose so, yes.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Wouldn't it be crazy if the earthquake happened and all of like the homeless crackheads downtown Los Angeles it's shook and like all of a sudden to turn them into entrepreneurs and they're like you know what I think I'm gonna stop doing meth and living off the streets and I think I'm gonna get a 401k he's like yeah you know what doing heroin right right by the sidewalk just isn't the same as they used to be living in the tent I think I'm gonna start my own small business like that would be that like a magical earthquake them every homeless crackhead into like a entrepreneur that would be nice..
    -An0maly - News Analysis & Hip-hop-

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

people are homeless because there are no free places where they're allowed to build their own hovels as they see fit.
    enturpreneering isn't some magic wand. its not the little green pieces of paper that are unhappy,
    and its trying to make everything have to be about money that creates squallor in the furst place.

crackheads are a symptom. you combine a culture that tells people imagination is childish and immature with trying to make everything have to be about money,
    and the simple minded turn to mind altering substances as the only escape they know how to find.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I checked the possibility of a Tsunami in my area after the recent quakes. Apparently it is possible in this area but I'm far enough inland where it wouldn't reach me.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You are basically saying all simple minded people turn into crackheads

19. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Among other findings, geologists have discovered that earthquakes travel around the world, moving as waves through the semi-liquid layers of rock beneath the crust. California and Indonesia are both part of the infamous "Ring of Fire" composed of roughly a third of the planet, and the Japanese had a recent large earthquake as well, but shrugged it off thanks to their being the most earthquake prone place on earth.

The Ring of Fire is not only earthquake prone, but responsible for 90% of all the worst earthquakes. Chile hold's the record, 10.0, because the meters do go higher. Its a few magnitudes more difficult to measure than the power of a lightning strike.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Orison likes this.
  20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Absolutely East Coast a la Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs, just thought I’d infuse a little humor into a bad situation