My respiratory system is failing I also have lung disease

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jennifer19, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Been in the hospital was really sick with Pneumonia It started out with the flu my oxygen level kept Dropping they did a CT scan on my lungs to make sure I did not have a blood clot then They saw the scans and found out I have two collapse lungs and all my organs are squished together this is due to the scoliosis I had as a kid. I am now on oxygen the rest of my life I have to wear a mask at night it’s a ventilator it breathes for me at night gives my lungs a break first pic is normal lungs second pic is mine See how they’re all squished together it’s been quite the process but I have excepted it it’s really a bummer that I will not be able to smoke pot anymore with my brother-in-law and caregiver but I can still do edibles I can’t believe this all happened to me I just can’t believe it one minute I was fine and the next minute I was not fine I would always get out of breath all the time I kept telling everyone I think there’s something wrong but everyone blew it off it’s because of my collapse Lungs and respiratory failure

Attached Files:

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm sorry to hear this.

newbie-one likes this.
  3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You didn't wear a brace or have surgery to correct this when you were a child?

4. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Yes I did I had both I had two major surgeries at the Shriners hospital they told my parents as I get older I will have problems and they were not kidding

5. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. Hang in there, and don't risk the urge of wanting to smoke.

newbie-one and Jennifer19 like this.
  6. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

These are my CT scans you can see where the rods are but over the years my back started curving again

Attached Files:

7. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

That’s why I have such a big stomach because all my organs are squished together and my ribs which is causing my stomach to stick out my sister felt my stomach and after seeing the CT scans she said Jen this is not fat it’s because all your organs or squished
    together and they have nowhere to go

8. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Don’t worry I would never risk anything to smoke I would never do anything like that I even thought about someone shotgunning a hit to me but I would never do that with my collapse lungs there’s just no way that I could handle anything like that the strand I have now it’s so powerful that would pretty much kill me literally

Eric! likes this.
  9. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bless your heart. It's just a shame.

Take it easy and enjoy your edibles.

Jennifer19 likes this.
  10. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Yes it is a shame I’m still trying to process this all I haven’t done any crying in a while which is a good thing my mom has a vacation she is going on and she was really questioning whether or not to go because I was not stable and still really compromise lungs to get sick. I told her I would really be upset she did not go on this trip she needs a break from all this I think we both could use a break from each other not in a bad way she really needs this vacation and I could really use time to myself my cousin I’ll be around my sister I’ll be around I will be just fine

Asmodean, Eric! and Aerianne like this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Did you also get your heart checked out?
    Scoliosis causes the heart to pump faster

12. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And we (HF) will be around (in spirit) for you.

Jennifer19 likes this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sad news, Jenn.... Hang in there.

newbie-one likes this.
  14. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Thanks guys I will be posting updates I hope my caregiver comes up with something for me when my mom is gone

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think you're stronger than most of us! One day at a time :) Good luck with those edibles, I'm sure that you will like the effect (if the baking succeeds :grinning:)!

Jennifer19 likes this.
  16. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

Thank you very much it’s going to be a long and slow process for me I hope someday I won’t need oxygen but I will have to have the ventilator mask at night for the rest of my life I’m doing so many breathing exercises to open my lungs up and hopefully they will not be collapsed going to take a long time and a lot of Hardwork I texted my caregiver today asked her for an update on the edibles I’m waiting to hear back from her my mom leaves next Sunday for her trip and I cannot walk to my caregivers house anymore so that would be a problem she does always say that she could drop stuff off and that’s very nice of her to do that