My Rant

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by canadian_boy, May 29, 2006.

1. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

Am I really good at something ...
    I mean do I have a talent ?

I mean i remember almost every word for word what i read and know lotsa useless information but yeah that's about it [​IMG]

I think i need to get an hobby ...
    Any suggestions ?

And no i don't want to start golfing, breakdancing or mini putt-ing :D

2. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

blegh, just ignore this thread please :rolleyes:

3. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

hey man you're only 16
    for one thing having talents is not important at 16 just be a stupid punk ass teenager
    and for another you are young and will grow to have amazing talents i'm sure
    i know i didn't have shit going for me when i was 16 and still don't really :D
    it takes time and if you want to get a hobbie just go for something you really want to do

4. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

hey, not everyone can remember everything they read;) and 'useless' info is fun. my brother knows a lot of random stuff and i love hearing about it!

try making stuff-- hemp, paint, draw, do woodworking. everyone's good at something, just look around.

5. Donvito1122

Donvito1122 Hippy Teacher to be!

You know what helped me man? I was in the same position as you but then I picked up a guitar. go to www.mxtabs.net and get some music...all free tab..just google how to read tab and you'll be playing songs in no time...you can get a really cheap starter guitar...and I mean shitty from walmart...maybe you'll find a talent you never thought you would have.

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why spend 100 at Wal-Mart when you can get an Alverez or something for a few dollars more.

7. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

dont buy a shitty guitar. if you're going to take up a habit, buy something you'll be proud to own for it.

i say take up painting. i've always wanted to spend my days painting on a porch in the mountains. :)

8. bbbeccaaa

bbbeccaaa 12345678910

i can't agree more, it'd be so beautiful and peaceful:eek:

9. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Start singing karaoke (I always have trouble spelling that word....) on your front porch for all the passers-by. :D

10. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

everyones talented in their own ways. some people just havent found it, or havent even realized that they have one. People can be talented in the most pointless ways to, but its still talent. :D

11. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

my psych teacher told me that everyone is good at at least one thing, even if it is completely pointless. his, for example, is parallel parking.

you'll find your niche! probably when youre not looking for it :p

12. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

See, now I would have assumed that his would have been psychology or teaching :rolleyes:

13. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

Ahaah. :D Trevor. And chuck..

AHHHHHh my boys my boys.. :D we're almost all home again...

Antoine.. Tony.. I suggest you take up nature walking and photography. And learn an instrument. Not guitar. Everyone plays guitar. Play sitar or mandolin or somethin hardcorelike that.

I also strongly advise you start cooking. :D

You'll thank me in college. :rolleyes:

14. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Antoine, buddy, we're not ignoring the thread. Oh well. :D

Really, though, I think just being intelligent and a deep thinker is definitely good enough. You don't NEED to have some talent that you can show people. I can see you wanting it, sure, but it's certainly not necessary to make you a whole person. You said before that you were thinking about being a journalist, right? Well, that would certainly be a talent to be a good journalist. If that's important to you, work on that. I used to research and write articles even though I knew people weren't going to be reading them (I actually posted one or two on here, but these fora zombies didn't read a damn word :rolleyes: ). Anyway, that's just my thought.

By the way, I have more respect for someone like you than some chump asshole who can do Hendrix riffs. :rolleyes:

Meg, do you proof read these things? :D Sitar and mandolin hard hard as hell to learn, especially sitar. And the last time I checked, there aren't too many sitar gurus hanging around... haha.

15. Politics are awesome

Politics are awesome Politics suck

hardcorelike mandolin, hell yes.

ahha... yeah. :D.

16. MoonjavaSeed

I said nothing that I should have reconsidered saying there.. :(

I'm just saying.. So many folks play guitar and its just.. well. :rolleyes:

Personally, I know I get fed up with how many folks do... I started because my mom got me started when I was like 8.. I didn't really care what instrument I played. After school one day I just arrived home to find a guitar waiting for me... ahah..

The fact that there aren't many sitar gurus hanging around is all the more reason for someone to learn :D It's fun to be distinct and unique... And hell, if he accomplishes anything on sitar or mandolin, well its a lot harder than guitar, so all the better.

anyhow. :rolleyes:

17. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

It's okay; I'm just being a bitch. :D :(

18. MoonjavaSeed

thats what i figured anyhow honey dahlin :D

19. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

are you sure about the mandolin part there, man? my friend didnt know shit about music when he first got one and he taught himself.. and he's amazingly talented now. he started 2 years ago.. thats not that long for going from nothing to knowing the mandolin.