My problem

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Devin, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Devin

Devin Member

I have short thin hair that is about 5in long and whenever i dread it all it does is stickup and look stupid. should i wait untill it is longer to dread it?
    I backkombed it should i do it natural.

2. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

i would wait until it gets longer. I waited until my hair was half way down my back.

3. Devin

Devin Member

Thanks

4. A-Shwa-Child

A-Shwa-Child Member

I believe my hair is around 5 inchs to 8 inchs (tops)... My hair is dreading... It wont happen over night.... You have to be really really patent, and yelling at your hair wont make it dread faster either...

5. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

some of my hair was at my chin, and it layed down fine.

did the person who did it for you, hold the hair straight above your head when backcombing? that could be why... i dont know though. good luck

6. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Are they backcombed? That usually happens if they are backcombed. You can dread your hair if you have enough hair to grab with two fingers...

If you let them grow naturally, they won't stick up...they'll stay down because they aren't being forced in an upward motion...like if you use the backcombing method.

7. dcdude

dcdude Member

definetly do it natural, that way you can start *now* and have really nice dreads 1-2 years down the road, at which point you'd just be BEGINNING dreads by backcombing

8. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

i backcombed for maybe 2 weeks when i started and now I just let them do their thing.