My PC won't play Games anymore

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jimmyeth, Apr 24, 2007.

1. jimmyeth

jimmyeth Member

Ok, so everytime I seem to start up a game now my PC seems to just crash and give me blue screen and shut itself down. Now my PC is not exactly old not totally modern though, Doom 3 used to work fine on it... I don't get it, ive scanned for viruses and my PC doesnt seem to find anything. Anyone know the problem or can give any advice? Thanks.

2. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

sounds like the motherboard, my fairly "new" computer had the same problem, now it's sitting outside my room in the rain

3. jimmyeth

jimmyeth Member

Everything else on here is working fine for me

4. BodyElectric

BodyElectric Member

Update your vidcard drivers.

5. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

maybe overheating?

before my pc used to overheat crashing many games, i took the cover off, and it was sorted lol. now i have a new pc ;)

6. jimmyeth

jimmyeth Member

Did it switch itself off aswell? Do you know what might cause overheating?

7. RavenBrain

RavenBrain Member

Possible power supply problem...happened to my brother when he got new motherboard

8. stevie73

stevie73 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Most games will rely on the graphics card, its sound advice to update the drivers either here www.nvidia.com or www.ati.com are the main places to check. Also if you are not having problems on desk top i.e the computer not crashing then its worth checking the dxdiag just type that into Run and it should work, this will run a tool which will check for any direct x problems on your system.