My parents are getting a devorce.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by HippyCor$ter, Apr 29, 2007.

1. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

I'm so depressed. I haven't told anyone.

2. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I know that sucks but..... I don't know, youll make it through. :)

3. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

Yea, it just sucks because it came so fast, and a family is all iv known for 18 years.

4. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You'll be alright, you're 18... and if they are doing it, it's probably for the best anyhow.

It's better to live with divorced parents than parents who constantly fight at home.

Try to focus on supporting both of them through this instead of feeling sorry for yourself... they really need you to show them some love right now.

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yeah I know what you mean about the fast part.

6. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

I kno, but its like they want me to take sides. I was rebellious and my dad took the most shit from me, now i feel like im being disowned.

7. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Ugh, I'm really sorry to hear that. It's something I've had to deal with myself pretty recently. It fucking sucks, but things get better and a new state of normalcy is reached over time. I actually wish I had talked about it more openly (on here and with my friends) when it first started happening, and I see now that it would have helped me--so good on you for getting it off your chest. If you want to talk to about it, feel free to PM me any time.

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

it's better they get divorced than stay together and hurt each other further

I really don't see what the big deal is
    I wasn't bothered by my parent's divorce at all =/

stop thinking about yourself, be there for them

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Don't choose sides, they can't do that to you as long as you don't let them do it. You should make it rather clear to them that you are not going to choose sides.

(Even though I don't know the situation... I pretty much single handedly convinced my mama to stop pitying and finally decide to divorce my dad after 25+ years of pure hell... it was really easy for me to choose sides, but my dad was the worst father and husband one can imagine....... so it depends on your relationship with your parents and how they have treated you and each other.)

Anyhow, just stay strong. Take it day by day, and help them out... even if it's with small things like helping your dad pack to move out (I'm supposing that he's the one moving out if anyone) and just be there for them to talk to when they need it... you're an adult now... you will see that they will start treating you much more as an adult with this divorce.

10. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

It's wear because no one; I mean know one in my family or distant family has a divorce. And the hole family (i know) will look down apon us. (most of my family is stuck up rich bitches). I don't wana talk to my friends about it because I never thought this would happen to my family. I always thought we would be a family. I guess I was wrong. Whatever I'm not going to babble about my problems anymore.

11. Duck

people will look down upon you know matter what (though you may not always realize it), get used to it

about the whole disowned thing
    the biggest thing to remmeber is that this is not because of you
    this really has nothing to do with you
    it is between them; it's their problems that caused this, not yours

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Does it really matter if your family looks down on you? Fuck the "stuck up rich bitches", honestly.

No one takes lightly to divorce (other than Duck, apparently... but he's a wanker)... but you have to accept the fact. It's there, and it's for the best.

13. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

yea, but that doesn't change the fact that I will lose everything I ever knew, my mom can't afford to pay for this house and the bills, keeping the pool running, food on the table. I never NEVER thought this would happen to me. I didn't even know this was coming till yesterday at 2 A.M. It felt like a huge wall hitting me.

14. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

15. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yes, that is a shitter.

Are you planning to go to college sometime soon?

16. Duck

you are at that time of life anyways

unfortunately you got kinda shot into it, rather than having the ability to ease out of it

I know how losing your childhood home is, it really sucks
    our house burnt down when I was 9, and though it was rebuilt, it was just never the same
    it has an alien sorta feel to it =/

17. Duck

none of us were (my sister, my brother, or I) my brother's girlfriend was going through hell over it (at 24) and none of us understood why :tongue:

18. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

Yea, after I graduate, I don't know a lot of people who have been through as much shit as I have. When I was in 6th grade my grandpa sexually melisted my sister who is a year younger than me. My dad lost his job because he had a metel brake down and thought everyone was out to get him. I remember my dad aways accusing me of stuff I don't even know about and cameras in the house spying on him. I basically lost my dad that I knew, then. He changed (still isnt the same, probably the drugs hes on so he doesn't think cameras are in the house). I remember he used to suprise me with toys after he got off work. He never really did anything "dad" like after that. Never took me out anywhere. Just came home from work; never wanted to do anything. It took 3-6 years to make him seem normal to live with. we took a vacation in that time to florda; my mom went through hell this hole time (holding the family together through the hell hole we were in [but always stuck to his side]). I remember being in the hotel and my dad just bitching about how my mom was pregnant and how she was cheating on him (ok my moms fat, and no one would cheat with here FYI). He finally got to the point where he could work a year and a half ago. Now this shit happens. WTF

19. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

yea, though so.

20. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Wouldn't this give even more grounds for a divorce? You should be happier for your family since it truly didn't seem to be working.