My Own Existential Crisis

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Niemand, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Niemand

Niemand Member

So, get this. I'm an 18 year old senior in high school and have come across a crossroads in my life once again. You see, I've been practising an existential lifestyle for the last year or so and have now run into somewhat of a rut.

You see, I've been practising promiscuity and have had very good times, until recently. My friend, or perhaps former friend, Clara is currently disgusted by me because we had sex two days ago, and as I am an admitted braggart, she has been angered by word getting out that we've had sex. Now, this would normally be of no concern to me, as I am an attractive guy and have no difficulty in getting with whomsoever I please. Not to mention that people in high school aren't too prude anyway, but I digress.

Some of you may find me highly superfluous and shallow, but I really see no need in having any secrets with strangers that I'll never meet. Moreover, I have not led a comfortable life thus far. I've endured the emotional neglect of two alcoholic parents, the conseqeunces of having a short temper, co-dependency, and the complete absence of emotion. Hell, were it not for my sister walking in my room two years ago, I'd have bled to death and wouldn't be here right now. So, I do indeed have my reasons for doing what I do.

And so, I pose a question to you, my readers, should I continue my promiscuous ways or should I relapse once more into monogamy and get into a relationship?

2. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

eh, shouldn't this be in the relationship section?

well promiscuous ways or mongamy, either way it's up to you. I dont think it really makes a difference, just do what you like and do what makes you feel happy.

BUT, if you have sex with a girl, it is pretty shitty to run around talking about it.
    that's pretty disrespectful dude. keep that in the bedroom, between you and whatever girl your currently banging. that's private stuff.

3. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

You don't really seem to believe in monogamy nor have any interest in changing your ways so I suspect this subject is more about discussing or toying with the idea rather than you actually changing.

I say, keep rooting whoever the hell you want, but there is no harm in existential constructs, like love. Do whatever you feel adds richness to your life.

4. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Why do you need anybody at all?

You're a bird fixing to jump out of the nest. Those you grew up with are going their own way too.

Remain mo-bile. Change is fixing to sweep over you like a wave.

Hanging on to someone may not be an option.

x

5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

What if he wants to breed?

6. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

Then he should understand the chains that will bind him from getting someone pregnant.

Why put on a harness so young in life? Go out and live a little bit first. Worldy experience goes a long way when you do decide to settle down somewhere. You'll be a more well rounded person than some hick that fell off the turnip truck. :)

x

7. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

You should do neither. You are only escaping life through your addiction to sex. Due to your past circumstances, you may have been led to where you are right now, but you are eighteen now, time to grow up and live a responsible life.

You have thought about this existential crisis, because your past actions have not given you any long lasting fulfillment, neither will your immediate actions with the new girl.

Leave sex all together, become sober , and start looking at life that has so many other good things to offer to you.
    good luck.

8. liquidlight

liquidlight Senior Member

Yeah, just have a relationship with yourself for a good while, sexual or not. Examine your sexual needs and all it's quirks, go into it. Do you really need sex at all? Is sex what you really want? Is sex what she really wants?

As for myself, i just want to 'be' with her, and the only way for me to do that is to let her go.