My Nutmeg Experiences

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by DrKlunk, Oct 17, 2010.

1. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

Ive seen a few people around here ask about it and what not so I figured Id give my two cents:

2tbsp: I took the two one day around 2pm. Around 9 or 10pm it started to kick in while I was drinking with some friends. I had to drive so I wasnt trashed. I had never smoked pot or done anything other than drink at this time so I had no idea what I was in for other than what I read. It came on very slow, I hardly felt it. I was feeling pretty loopy by 1am and my friends thought I was drunk, which I wasnt. I decided to go home and sleep the feeling off as it was nauseating. I woke up from a VERY vivid dream, my heart was racing, I was in a cold sweat, but my head was surprisingly calm. I started to see black figures lurk up my walls as if to consume the room in darkness, then reminded myself it was the nutmeg and fell back asleep after a couple minutes.

5tbsp: This time I did it with a friend, we both took five table spoons. It took about three hours to kick in and when it did we happened to be at the mall and I was ordering some Chic-Fil-A. As the worker handed me the straw for my drink it seemed to sort of melt in my hand, more so just droop like the illusion you get from wobbling a pencil. I started laughing, sat down with my friends (one of which took it as well, the other: oblivious), and when I did a man with a vacuum rolled by. The sound seemed to make everything vibrate to the touch. I asked them if the table was shaking, which of course it wasnt. The visuals were very mild but the feeling would slowly switch from shitty to great. After about four hours of the initial come on my friend threw up when we left the hookah lounge. From here on I didnt remember a thing for the next 24hrs. I remembered waking up the next morning excited that Id have a clear head and then it set in again, dont really remember anything that happened that next day. My friend had to fill me in when I called two days later asking what happened.

The overall experience is just a roller coaster. If youve got a strong stomach, you can probably handle it. If not, youll definitely throw up and probably feel sick for an hour every two or so. The visuals are mild but its more so just a body high and a GREAT one at that, when its good its good :eggnog:

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

protip: put a tiny pinch of nutmeg in a pipe with a small hole or screen, and smoke it. Fast and hard.

3. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

You can smoke that stuff? What about mixing it with some weed?

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You should see how much you can smoke to feel what you want, first.... I've always done it strait. (Though I didn't have any weed at the time, of course...)

5. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

Thats interesting, what are the affects of smoking it? Does it get you high or do you have slight hallucinations? I usually like to have weed when I try something for the first time in case I dont like the effects, getting high makes me able to deal better haha

6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Basically just nutmeg effects... I couldn't tell you the duration, because I always smoked as part of sort of binges, but I can tell you that it hits pretty fast, in a few minutes, if smoked.

7. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

Most people have said it takes 1-7hrs on Erowid, but then again it is Erowid xD. I think Im going to try it out this weekend, still recovering from my last endeavor

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I honestly didn't know there where any smoking reports on erowid, thought I pushed that from urban legend to reality. I first heard about nutmegs psychoactivity from a less than bright stoner buddy, who said some girl giving him a haircut had once gotten onto the subject of weed, and from there drug testing and legal highs, due to his obvious stoner hair, and she told him that smoking nutmeg was just like e... at least she was apparently drawing on some of what shulgin theorized about it. I researched oral nutmeg use, did it plenty, and then started supplementing my oral use with smoked.

9. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

You might be right, there might not be any smoking reports on Erowid and I just read them thinking they were. Im still considering this, might do what you did and just binge with it. Im not a fan of straight up ingesting it though haha

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Ehh everyone says that about the taste, but I, frankly, don't mind it.... It tastes good in normal spice amounts, and swallowing more than those amounts can get dry, but drink it down with water and it's not the lest bit hard to swallow.

Don't push it too overboard, I stopped when I found out it's supposedly hard on your liver, but was unable to find any other info on it's harmfulness, aside from in overdose (when it tends to kill you... that's reasonably beyond recreational levels though)

11. Amsler

Amsler Member

wait...so you just straight up eat nutmeg, the spice, and it gets you high?

12. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Well when you put it like that.... no.

13. Amsler

Amsler Member

Okay. I was gonna say...

How do you take it, then? I've never even heard of this.

14. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

You're supposed to get the whole nutmeg nuts and grind them fresh for the best experience. Like said above, around 3 tablespoons is a good starters dose for the average adult. Many report it's unpleasant and nauseating though. I haven't personally ingested it, but I've smoked some of it. I honestly didn't feel much, I felt a little uneasy in the stomach, very sweaty and mildly intoxicated. I didn't wish to continue smoking after I first felt these effects as it didn't feel worth it to continue. I don't reccomend it, but do as you wish!

15. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

To get an experience worth the pains of it (nausea) you need to eat about 5 or 6 tablespoons. Three tablespoons will make you feel sick and get a goodish body high, but nothing really note worthy. I havent had an interest in doing it again since the five tablespoons I did. Not really worth it but a good experience

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

It's been a while since I played with nutmeg, so i forgot to say before, something that I've seen mentioned on erowid and other forums. and experianced myself, is a very pleasant mood change, sometimes during but generally the day after, feelings of easy empathy, contentedness, overall mellowness.

17. DrKlunk

DrKlunk weewoo island

Sounds like something best used after a trip... when you feel like shit haha

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Dude... you should NOT feel like shit after tripping... Unless you're talking about PCP or something. And nutmeg is quite hard on your body, you can feel it, you will have shooting aches/pains, possibly itches, nausia, and more.... If you're already suffering from toxicity, it's not the thing to be using.

If you use it, nutmeg should be spaced from other psychedelics, just like anything else.

19. rezony

rezony Member

Nutmeg is one of the most cancerogenic plants in the world. I used to swallow 40 grams with youghurt. I would be in a drunk-like-state for 5 days. And my face would go...swollen. totally not a cool drug

20. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

i don't know about smoking it

but once i took some, and a few hours later had great euphoria, wrote some things that I had deep inside of me but didn't know how to express, music was really good but only certain kinds, I had a wierd dream and the next day everything was spinning and I WAS so tired, it was cool though, the spinning, there wasnt really a dizzy feeling, somehow, but also difficult to keep my head straight because my eyes would follow the spinning motion, but my thoughts were clear, aside from being very dreamy, and then around 3 that day, it stopped
    i've never taken that much again though

i don't think its really that bad, if you don't take it often, and you use under 3 seeds, it is bad for the liver though