My Musical Masterpieces

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Captain Cannabis, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcoWasRight

MarcoWasRight Member

Two thumbs up for being metal as fuck. What guitar and amp are you playing through?

I heard a lot of Metallica but probably because their early sound is thrash. The solo was cool, I'd love to see you play it. Have you considered adding any effects to the solo? It opened really fast but didn't really settle down for me. The bend at the end felt like it should have culminated into a breakdown of the solo. Right now I hear:

1. Fast paced alternate picking
    2. Sweet arpeggios
    3. Somewhere around 0:14 you start trilling which feels very tense like something is about to break.
    4. You end with the bend.

Maybe after the bend you could work your way up the scale with a phaser or chorus effect then end it with more shredding.

Just remember there is no such thing as too much gain.

2. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Yes I am very Metallica influenced (early Metallica). They're my favourite band.

I was thinking of using a little bit of wah wah but that could make it sound WAY to much like a solo by Kirk Hammett (Metallica guitarist). Putting the phaser or chorus would sound really cool. I was thinking putting the chorus on for the solo but it sounded to poppy.

I'm probably going to add more long notes after the bend because that would sound really cool and then it will do the part from :06 - :10 again but up a couple bars and it will sound sick.

In this one I was using and epiphone SG for the solo and an ESP Explorer -400 for the rythym. No amp was used, I play on my computer with a Line6 Toneport UX2. It's a sick thing that plugs into your computer and has thousands of different guitar tones on it so I can get any sound I want to.

3. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

I tend to prefer mellower/bluesier stuff.. but your guitar playing is still good, regardless

4. Eskimo101

Eskimo101 Banned

sounds really nice i think that the drums could use a little bit more work though

5. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

The drums are shit I know, I need to get some drum mic's so I can play on my real kit. I can't wait until I get a bass so I can start recording stuff with a full band..... Me being the band.

Singing would be the only thing I'd have trouble with. I just wish my friends were good enough to play with me. I can only jam with my one other friend but he just isn't as good as me. It's not his fault, I just wish I had someone my own skill level to play with.

6. PhishheadDeadhead

PhishheadDeadhead Senior Member

you definately have some talent at writing/playing guitar. i don't like that style of music at all but i enjoyed it.

7. PhishheadDeadhead

PhishheadDeadhead Senior Member

^i posted that before i even heard the solo too that shit was awesome..

one question. do you like listening to that kind of music when your high? i know the stereotype is all mellow shit but it seems like it would be really powerful and stuff.

8. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Oh yeah, metal is really fun to listen to when your high. It gets me really pumped up and makes me think how much fun it would have been alive back in the 80's.

It also makes the guitarists seem x10 more amazing.

I've yet to listen to that solo when I've been high. I think I might do it now just to amaze myself.

9. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

I wrote some more lyrics. I'm still working on a 3rd verse though.

Promise of deceit it is the truth you'll never find
    Cast Away your anger, and open up your mind​

Throw away the dagger that you shove inside your brain
    Rob you of your soul, I'll make you lose at your own game​

Look into the mirror and tell me what you see
    You think you see a white line but it's really only me​

Stealing thunder, blacking light, you thought you had a chance
    Take another, get your fix, your stuck inside my trance​

Deception!!!
    Only Lies
    Deception!!!
    Hypnotize​

It is the Promise of Deceit
    It is killing the elite
    And now it's you it will defeat​

Taking life and stealing dreams it rapes you of your thoughts
    Deprive you of your future and lessons to be taught​

The day is over, night is young, the stories growing old
    Without your mask you can't go on 'cause life is just too cold​

Times are desperate so's your need it's time to say goodbye
    Torn away by evil, you get that one last high​

You made the choice it wasn't right it's time to pay the price
    If you can still hear me, it's time to roll the dice​

Deception!!!
    Only Lies
    Deception!!!
    How I despise​

It is Killing all the weak
    And now it's too late to retreat​

(A third verse will go here but it hasn't been written yet)​

Deception!!!
    It's what I do
    Deception!!!
    I'm Killing you​

It is the Promise Of Deceit and it's me telling the lie
    It is the Promise of Deceit and now it's time to diiiieeee!!!!!​

It is the Promise of Deceit!!!​

10. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

My girlfriend is the only person that has heard these lyrics..... Well mostly because she's the only one I'm brave enough to show them too because I hate rejection. It's easy to show them to you guys because I don't have to deal with any real rejection other than "oh wow that sucks" or something like that.

But when she read it she looked at me when she was halfway done reading it and said "you know this is really fucked up shit right? I mean you can never show this to your parents, they'll think your totally crazy".

Now I know my girlfriend is technically smart and all but I don't think she gets the song the way it's supposed to be heard. She just hears "rape" and "dagger in your brain" and thinks it's some death metal song when really "dagger in your brain" is the straw in your nose when your about to take a line.

...Oh yeah and it isn't a death metal song. The song will be song with Slayer-Metallica style singing.

I dunno, this is basically like my opinion of coke in a song. I don't think I could ever do it again, if I did it would be the ultimate contradiction to me.

.......I guess I do think of a lot of weird shit huh?

Oh yeah, the song is about halfway done being recorded, it takes a long time to record this shit. Everything has to be perfect.

11. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

i got out of that sort of music a few years ago but if I heard that back then id be totally into it, thats some good shit man...all the metal bands around here are shit, some brilliant young blues guitarists, drummers and bassists though

12. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

awesome! i would love to jam with you sometime, with me on mandolin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.