my lungs.....

Discussion in 'Health' started by gulfwinds, May 25, 2006.

1. gulfwinds

gulfwinds girasoles para los amigos

hurt really bad :( really........
    my whole thorax is just compressed and i cannot breather... i don't cough or anyhting but i just can't breathe at all, and it hurts...
    i'm going to the doctor tommorow
    but i was wondering what you guys think this may be..

2. somedude

somedude Member

Do you have a fever?

3. gulfwinds

no, no fever :(
    i had a really strong cold just a week ago...

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

can you breathe OUT once it gets in?

5. gulfwinds

it's better now...
    i guess it was the nerves between the ribs...

6. guy

guy Senior Member

broken rib??

7. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

If you were coughing a lot with the cold, you could have developed a costochondritis, which is kind of an arthritic condition in the muscles and cartilage of the chest-I've had it before, and it causes pain when you breathe-try taking anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen or aspirin until you're able to get to the doctor-see if that helps. It could be several other things involving your lungs or bronchial tubes, but the costochondritis would be the first thing that would come to mind.

8. guy

guy Senior Member

actually been thinking.
    years ago i injured myself by foolishly jumping from a truck to grab a horizontal pole tarzan style. what i didn't think about was the problem about taking a deep breath to then jump and then grab onto the pole. i did it no problems. then about 2 hours later i started having breathing problems, before long i found it increasingly painful to take breaths. i had strained my diapraghm (the muscle that makes you breath). you may have somehow done this in some way. the lesson - never jump and grab with air in your lungs.

9. gulfwinds

thank you so much [​IMG]
    i think that was the problem
    i took anti-infammatories and i don't feel any pain anymore

10. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

That's great! I'm glad you feel better! The usual fee for my medical services is one passionate kiss.....Cheaper than going to the ER, eh?:p

11. gulfwinds

ha, fisrt call is free call :D

we'll see if i need your help later...