My Kitty Won't Eat

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by honeyhannah, Jan 10, 2005.

1. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I have had her for about two weeks now and she's had to move twice first to my mom's place and she got comfortable with that, then she had to get in the car for almost 2 hours and I think that she was car sick because she seemed very uncomfortable and now she's been at my place at school for 3 days and she's barely eaten anything, well I should say she went to the vet the day before we left for school and she's been different since then...

anyway I don't know what to do to get her to eat, I tried to take some of her food and put it in front of her and she only ate one little kernel(or whatever it's called), this is getting scary because she's already a thin little chick and now she won't eat, what should I do???

2. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

I know when i first got my second cat, the first thing my mom did was grab her paws, dip them in the water, food, and kitty litter. that way, they know where to eat dirnk and ... you know. try to signel to your cat that "this is what you eat"

3. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If you live in a dorm or an apartment complex with a lot of students, the noise level and number of startling noises can be intense (that is if college students haven't changed in that regard since I was in college). If that's the case, my guess is that she is completely freaked out by all the NEW; new smells, new confines, new, new, new noises. And if THAT is the case, maybe you better send her home.
    You say she has been different since the vet visit? You might want to have a local vet check her out. Several times we have had one of our cats in at the vets for one thing and they come home with kitty cold that they caught at the vets and infect the rest.