My husbands truck bursted into flames!!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Peanuts, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

My husband made the news this morning. On his way to work our Pathfinder bursted into flames. First the dashboard started smoking really bad and then then engine caught on fire. My husband got out of the truck and was putting snow on the engine to put the fire out. He gathered his things out of it and when he backed away POOF!!!! The windows bursted, the sunroof popped off, and the truck was vanishing in front of his very eyes.

I thank God he is okay. Poor guy didn't have a very good start to his day.

Ever have your vehicle burst into flames?

2. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

wow......

.....i sometimes wondered if things like that actually did happen to people...and apparently.....things like that do happen....

thank goodness he's okay.....

3. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I've never had one catch on fire, but I did lose my gas tank one time, right after I filled it up. To this day, I have no idea why it didnt catch on fire, because I drug it behind my truck for awhile before I even realized what was going on. Scary shit.

4. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

The strange thing was I saw it on the news but the camera was far enough away I couldn't make out the vehicle. I thought to myself "I wish he had a cellphone. I'd call him to go a different way to work". I didn't know he was the one stopping traffic.

He called me about 2 hours later and asked me how my morning was going. I could tell something wasn't right and then he told me. He said the Pathfinder is no more. :(

I'm going to go see him in a couple of hours after the Insurance company talks with him. I'm going to bring him one of those car magazines. We are also taking pictures later. I'll post what it looks like once I can see it for myself.

Thank you Scarlett. I'm grateful he is okay too. Lil' shook up but he will be fine once he gets behind a new set of wheels.

5. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i definetly want to see pictures.....

poor guy...i'm sure he's a bit shook up......

....does he have any idea as to why this happened?

6. know1nozme

know1nozme High Plains Drifter

It happened to a friend of mine once. The dashboard started smoking and then seconds after he got out of the car, the interior went up in flames. Had he remained inside just five seconds longer, he'd have been burned to a crisp. It's a good thing that most of us recognize that when smoke starts coming out of your dashboard, it's time to exit the vehicle, eh?

How's your insurance, Peanuts? Are you looking forward to buying a new vehicle any time soon, or are is your hubby going to be bussing it to work for a while?

7. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

The truck leaked oil for years. He always put more in and checked in frequently. That is the only thing I can think of as to why this happened.

I think we are going tomorrow to look for a new vehicle for him. No busses run this way. I can bring him till he finds one but I think he wants another right away.

Our insurance is good. The bad thing is the truck was a 94 so it's only worth like $4,000 if that, probably less.

8. dangermoose

dangermoose Is a daddy

yay for burning vehicles in winter! maybe your hubby is jsut really hot stuff....

9. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Ew, scary! But still yeah, got some pics? Morbid curiosity, I admit it... :)

10. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

He smelled really good when he went to work this morning. Maybe the truck couldn't take his awesomeness and that is why it had a fit.

I'm sure his next vehicle will be able to contain itself and appreciate the Beauty that's driving it.

11. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

I am anxious to see what it looks like. I will have some pictures posted later today.

12. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

geez! that's crazy. im so glad he is okay though. :)

13. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Thank you Interval. :) I'm really glad he's okay too. He could of been badly burned or worse. Thinking of what could of been is a nightmare thought.

I'm leaving in about an hour with the cameras.

14. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

hey do you have a news link online about it?

scary im glad he is ok!

15. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Damn... thats freaky.

At least you guys are famous!

Glad your husbands ok...

To be honest, I've always wanted to see a car explode.

But it's terrible, how old is the truck? You might wanna consider talking to a lawyer... most people will give you free consultations.

But at least everybodys alright.

16. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I thought things like that only happened on police tv shows.

17. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

i'm glad he's okay peanuts! what a freaky thing to have happen....

18. HippyCor$ter

HippyCor$ter Ackamonkey

Heres a tip... Sue the car manufatur to hell and get alot of money;).

19. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

It was our local news this morning telling about traffic report. The did show the truck on fire but there is no news link.

This is what it looks it. It's no more. :(

20. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

holy shit thank your god he wasnt in that car.