My heart is absolutely broken.

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by SkyLennon, Apr 11, 2013.

1. SkyLennon

SkyLennon Guest

My heart is broken and I need some help to get over it.. maybe a pep talk or something?? there's this very special, amazing girl that I've been dating since last October and she called it off for no reason. well, no reason that she was interested in letting me know of... and it hurts bad... I want to just lock myself in my room. can you give me some advice to get over it?? I ask you guys because most of you are older and wiser than me.

2. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Love hurts all of us. If it wasn't for how good it feels to be in love with that special someone we would all just quit trying. Hang in there. I know nothing i say can help you get over the hurt except time it self. You are very young and will find another very soon. Good Luck!

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

your getting the cure to the love virus now. Soon youll be immune to breakups and youll not give two shits, usually takes a few booster shots tho..

1 person likes this.
  4. wolf st stephen

wolf st stephen Guest

Every day it gets a tiny bit easier. Not much comfort at this moment, but true nonetheless. You'll get through it; we all do.

5. Inca

Inca Member

Sounds like she *may* have been your "first love," and she has outgrown you. Always remembered and hurts like hell to get over.....BUT......you will make it.

Teenagers outgrowing one another when having first relationships is common.

The best advice I can give you is to take each and every day as it comes. Don't think too far ahead, and look on this as experience. Love hurts, it has to.

6. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I'm going to go ahead and guess that she called all the shots in this relationship. Am I warm?

If so, then you have your answer.

7. thefairiespyjamas

thefairiespyjamas Guest

One day you will be happy that one didn't work out. There are many many girls in the world even though it may feel like she is the only one your true love is still out there. Heartache is just the ying to the yang, you can learn to enjoy the intense feelings that can only come from first being in love. For many those feeling don't happen or later in life you won't let them happen just to avoid the pain. So enjoy it now while you can!

8. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and get back up on that hoss, like a boss.

Life is for learning and growing. Without pain you would have nothing to realize joy with. Pain is a message, a reminder and a lesson all in one.

You had a wonderful time with this girl, cool. You have great memories and a little experience now. In our tender years, we are just steppin' out and getting the feel of life as a pre-adults.

It is not the time for seriousness. It's time to look around and see what the world has to offer you, what you offer it. Long term relationships will come later, in high school and collage.

Keep it loose, keep it light, don't get caught up in the drama. There's a girl out there that has had her eye on you and now that you are free she just might give you an eyelash flutter.

Keep your options open, go have fun and live a little before you tie yourself down. Hang out, party, date, experience being alive.

As ppl grow they grow out of childish infatuations and are moved to walk another path, which they are free to do as you are also. So thank her for the time you spent together and wish her well on her journey.

She is not hurting you, you are hurting yourself by not letting it go. Take a load off yourself and find your cool. Suck it up babydoll the fun has just begun.

9. SkyLennon

SkyLennon Guest

Thank you all for helping me out :) I am now perfectly fine and in fact, I'm doing better than ever :) I found a very cool performing arts school that I'm going to next year and am way stoked!! thank you for your advice, everyone :)

10. Inca

Inca Member

That's really good to hear :)
    Learn from the experience you had with that girl, so your next relationship will be better.

11. Naco Kid

Naco Kid Member

I'd go along with Shameless Heifer on this. She pretty much laid it out straight for you, although I wouldn't have used the term 'childish' when talking about infatuations. We've all lost 'that special someone' only to later find 'the right one'! I remember losing a girl to a soldier when I was near your age and had sat in the middle of a highway crying my eyes out. Looking back I know why I hurt, but I also learned that I had dodged a bullet. She wasn't that special after all. Like Heifer says, it freed me from the wrong person in order to go out and find the right person. I would dodge a lot of bullets as it turned out. Each bullet made me smarter about who I was 'not' wanting! That's what 'older and wiser' allows you to know. BTW, when you do find the right one, what you write about now will make you smile because you'll see that the Sunshine of Your Love will make all others seem unworthy. The best is yet to come! Best of luck!