my hand auras

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by knotdirty, Apr 22, 2007.

1. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Okay. I've always been able to see auras, never knew what the colors meant. (I get really bad migraines quite often, don't know if this is the cause or not.)

So I just looked at my own, in my hands...here's the thing I'm wierded out by:

The aura coming out of the backs of my hands are a very deep, strong blue. The aura coming out of the palms of my hands are a DIFFERENT COLOR. It was a light orange...kind of misty. Not as strong or vivid as the blue.

I'm very confused. I don't know much about auras, just that I can see them...I went to this site, somebody posted it in the other aura thread:

http://www.scns.com/earthen/other/seanachaidh/aura.html

The blue makes sense. I'm an artist and I'm moody. The orange, I don't know. I guess I think of others a lot...I'm creative, obviously. don't know about self control...

I don't know why I'm this..perplexed...it just bothers me that my hands are two different colors. I also have I oral/hand fixation. I'm constantly fidgeting with my hands and mouth, tapping things, playing with my clothing..my hands never sit still.

I tried looking at my hands head-on...I could see the aura, but it was very thin and hard to make out any color.

should the backs of hands even have auras? am I imagining things...it was SO strong though.

2. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

I don't even see auras, so I probably should stay out of this, but I have no self-control...

Why shouldn't the backs of your hands have auras? Don't auras come from every part of the body?

Okay, fine, I'll say what's on my mind. I really think you're too hard on yourself. You're even upset about your aura inconsistencies. It's a very small deal, knotdirty. Do you have any tendencies toward anorexia? I don't know why I thought of that, I'm probably way off base. But really, give yourself a break. Your worth doesn't come from what you can do or from the colors of your aura--you are a valuable spirit just because you exist, because you're travelling a path that nobody else is travelling, and our spirits are all cheering you on and anticipating the next turn of events... The colors of your aura are unique and fascinating. I'll leave it to those with knowledge of auras to help you with details...

Much warmth.

3. knotdirty

I actually do have a history of eating disorders...

I really don't know what to say. Crazy you would think of that.

I must go contemplate now. Or not...maybe I do too much of that.

4. Isil

Isil Member

The outlines of my hands turn blue, green and sometimes red when im reading...Though thats just strange optical tricks.

Or is it? :eek:

And, well, your whole body should have an aura (if they exist o_O). I dont think its restricted to any certain area xD

http://www.webpan.com/dsinclair/kirlian-fingerprints.jpg
    http://www.ofspiritandsoul.com/images/pics_big/Fingers-aura.jpg
    http://www.biofieldsciences.com/biofieldsciences.com/IMAGES/kirlian-hand.jpg
    http://www.barilochenyt.com.ar/kirlian%20hand.jpg
    http://www.manfredkaiser.com/biometeorology/Weather_Sensitivity/kirlian_hand_1.jpg

Its Kirlian photography...I thought youd be interested in seeing it o.o

5. knotdirty

Oo, Isil, those pictures are so cool!

6. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

What does an aura look like? Try to describe it to me guys, I've never seen one.

7. knotdirty

Um...you know when you've been out in the sun for a really long time and you come into a dim house?

Or when you look at a bright light, then close your eyes...the little floaties and shapes that you see on your eyelids.

Or those tricky things where you look at a shape like a circle or box or something for a long time, then look at a white piece of paper and you can still see the shape.

Kiiiiinda like that...sort of.

8. zengizmo

:)

Do whatever. Don't second-guess yourself. That leads to a deteriorating spiral.

Live and love, yourself first.

Seeing auras is a great gift. Wish I could do that. ;)

Much warmth.

9. knotdirty

Anybody can do it...do you have chakras? There you go, you have the necessary tools. It may not come quickly, but it will come. Just whether or not you want it or see any point to it.

The way I do it (on purpose) is kind of look off to the side of somebody's head and unfocus my eyes a little, then hold that until my eyes focus or it appears.

It hurts your head sometimes though. Obviously it strains your eyes..anyway, that's what I've always done. I'm just now reading up on it and it says that training yourself to see auras like that is exhausting for certain chakras and they start to ache. Which I agree with, and it makes me tired sometimes. I haven't ever practiced a lot, so usually I can only see peoples' head auras. Sometimes around their shoulders and hands...usually it's only 3-4 inches thick too.

I remember this one time though, one of my teachers was giving a boring lecture and I was just kind of staring into space, not really looking at him...and it slowly started growing and then BLAM! It was crazy. Lasted for a couple of seconds.

I don't know exactly what they mean yet..not to me personally. And I know you can't go exactly by what other people say regarding color. I do it because...I dunno, it's always given me kind of a connection with the person. I tap into a little bit of their energy and emotions and stuff. That may have nothing to do with aura though, I don't know..maybe it's because I'm concentrating so much of my attention on there.

It's easiest to practice on yourself...but obviously that can be wierd.

10. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

I know what you mean by those colors. When I close my eyes, I always see colors and shapes swirling around. If I keep my eyes closed for long periods of time and look at these colors, they develop into animated images of various things, usually creatures moving around. Snakes, centipedes...just a few seconds ago I saw something that was a toilet bowl shaped like a gorilla's profile floating and spinning around in space. When I was a kid I would just concentrate and watch this stuff as I fell asleep.

But...I just realized that you meant that you see auras with open eyes! Just now as I typed this. I had always assumed this was a closed eye thing for years. I'll have to try it soon.

11. zengizmo

Knotdirty, I do believe I could learn to see auras if I really wanted to...and maybe sometime I will. But the difference between you and me is sort of like the difference between Mozart and Salieri--you have a profound gift in this area, whereas I have only perhaps a minor talent. It is so clear to me that this is your area of genius...you have the potential to expand this area of human experience with your unique contributions...what will you do with this gift?

Yet the universe has taken careful measures to keep you humble, as must be...still, you need to understand at this point that you do have a profound gift, and maybe this insight can be my contribution.

I'm grateful I had the opportunity to share this brief time with you. I believe I'll be hearing more about you in times to come...

12. knotdirty

:) Thanks zengizmo.

I think that auras have a lot to do with the outcome of my art, actually. I'm quite obsessed with color...and psychology. Those are my two passions.

God the migraines are bad lately though. Everything has an aura right now (I guess even lamps have a bit of energy residue, hahaha). I'm super sensitive to it at the moment...it's overwhelming.

13. zengizmo

Knotdirty, I'm concerned about your migraines. Have you seen a doctor about them? There are medicines that can help that. The medications might reduce your aura sensitivity, but you need to be able to function in life, above all...

I'm with you in your enthusiasm for color and psychology :) ...I come from a family of artists, and once when I was given a test for color-blindness, the doctor was surprised at how acute my color discrimination was...and psychology--well that's what reality and relationships depend on, isn't it?

I want to send you warmth and healing...take care of yourself, Knotdirty.

14. knotdirty

:) I've been on several medications. None have worked...and the meds are so much more debilitating than migraines...it wouldn't be worth it even if they DID work. seizure meds suck...they turn you into a total zombie. Hate doctors, hate meds.

Excedrin migraine helps for a few hours sometimes.

It's just something I live with. Usually it's not too bad...I have a mild one at least once a week that can be taken care of with excedrin. Maybe once every three months or so I'll have one like I was talking about last night, that lasts for a week and gets very severe. Last night, just before it started going back down for a few hours, was the only time it got unbearable; to the point where I got sick and was completely floored by it.

I don't know. My MRI's and everything came back completely normal...The first time I went to a doctor (about 4 years ago.) about it he looked in my eyes with his little light thing and said that he could actually see an huge amount of pressure against my eyes from my brain/vessels being swollen. Too much blood in there...Too smart for my own good I guess. ;)

I don't think that my migraines really take away from my quality of life. they're bad, but God has seen fit to give me excellent health in all other areas...I figure the days I'm out from migraine equals up to about the same days the average person is out with flu or cold or something. :)

15. zengizmo

I see how it is, Knotdirty. It's just the way it is for you, and it seems you're adjusting well.

However I just think I want to send you a big hug.

And just one more thought--when I was young I used to have frequent bad headaches, and then I discovered that I was hypoglycemic--when I drank my morning coffee with two heaping spoonfuls of sugar added, it made me weak and gave me a headache the next day--when I started drinking coffee alone, without the sugar, my headaches and weakness stopped. Is this a possibility in your case?

16. knotdirty

My mom's diabetic and has a really nice meter, so every now and then she tests my blood sugar. She thought at first maybe the migraines meant that it was low.It's usually around 80...more or less depending on what I've eaten of course.

Like I said, other than the migraine's I'm one of the healthiest people I've ever met. Everybody who finds out has their own theory about what causes it. [​IMG] Stress, diet, caffiene, genes, I've even had people say that it was satanic and that they were praying for me. [​IMG] I'm sure that everything but the latter is a contributing factor though.

Seizures run in my family. Since the two problems are so closely related...I dunno. It's the only real factor I can think of that MAY have something to do with it, because I get migraines no matter what my stress level or diet is. It's crossed my mind. Not that I'm epileptic, but that those genes might be what makes me have migraines. I've don't convulse or anything, but there are so many types of seizures...deja vu is considered a seizure, I think that seeing auras could be considered seizing (though it's not just seeing auras that's considered "aura." any warning signs of migraine or seizure are considered aura.). So I think it's silly to classify myself as seizing when it's not convulsing or dementia or something.

I have had a full blown seizure a few times before, but it was from quitting seizure meds (ironic, right?) cold turkey. My doctors will perscribe a medication, not know what to do when it doens't work, and then increase the dosage until it reaches such extremes that I can't function properly. At that point I just stopped taking them...I've done this twice, unfortunately. I didn't know the side effects of quitting unsupervised at the time. It was the scariest thing I've ever been through..and that's why I don't go to the doctor anymore. ;)

Medication is so overrated and overperscribed. I think doctors should be more willing to help their patients get to know what's wrong and learn what causes it, what triggers it, how to manage it...not just push drugs at us. The perfect example: my cousin got into a car accident and hit her head on the windshield. They took her to the emergency room and did all of the scans and x rays and everything, it all came out perfect. she had a few scratches was all, on a scale of 0 to 10 (zero being no pain at all.) she rated herself a 0. They gave her 3 perscriptions for heavy duty pain meds and a muscle relaxer. She didn't get any of them filled (I have so much respect for her for that!) because she really didn't NEED them! It blew my mind that they would give her four highly addictive medications when there was really nothing wrong. Any aching/soreness was taken care of with ibuprofen.

haha, wow...I didn't know I had so much to say on this. I've taken this thread way off subject!

thanks for the hug. always appreciated. And my migraine is almost completely gone now, yay! [​IMG] I took a long nap today (coming down from migraines leaves me either euphoric or wiped out. Or both.) and now I feel glorious. There's no better or more pure feeling than after a migraine is gone.

17. zengizmo

Yeah, you're quite articulate on this subject, all righty--lots of experiences in a short time.

I tend to take doctors' advice with a grain of salt also--I've had experiences, which I will not go into here. I think a big part of it is the paradigm they're trained with--if medication is the only tool you have (or one of the few), you tend to see all medical judgments in terms of choosing a prescription.

Bottom line: Seems to me you're managing your "condition" wisely and have excellent judgment.

One of the things I used to say when my headaches--which sometimes lasted several days--finally ended: "God! It feels so good when it's over!"

Enjoy. :)

18. NecroDynamic

NecroDynamic Banned

I want to be able to see auras, too!