my goldfish "carrot top"

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by seahorse, Jan 15, 2005.

1. seahorse

seahorse Senior Member

hey dudes, i have a goldfish and i'm wondering why he/she hardly eats and doesn't swim around. and NO it's not DEAD...LOL:p

i keep the water and rocks clean, cold, give him light and I attempt to feed it every second day but it doesn't eat much.:( All it does is stay low in the rocks and breathe. Not a very enjoyable life I'm assuming.

it's name is carrot top, cause it has a white body and orange head. It's my 4 year old's fish so we're wondering what to do to make his apparently miserable life a little more exciting.:D

2. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

:D Get him/her a boy/girlfriend.

3. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

How big an aquarium do you have for it? Does it have places to hide, or is it just a glass bowl with a few rocks? Where did you get it, how old is it? I've heard a lot of pet stores sell less-than-lively fish... Or really all animals' health can be iffy but with mammals it's often easier to see what shape they're in. Always make sure you get your pets from a reputable store!

Goldfish also don't like living alone, but until you find out if your fish has additional health problems, apart from being lonely, I wouldn't add a second one. You may end up with two sick fish :(

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/4468/faq_health.html has some help on sick goldfish, and http://mike-edwardes.members.beeb.net/Cauratus.html has a lot of information on goldfish in general.

Good luck with Carrot Top!