my girls had a HUGE fight yesterday.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by mamaKCita, Feb 12, 2009.

1. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

6 and 3 years old. all they ever do is fight from the moment i pick my daughter up at school. it's constant. i've done mediation, reasoning, seperate corners, mutual punishment, fairness, etc. yesterday i was just too sick and tired, literally, to give a shit. so i let them duke it out. if they wanna bloody each other over a stupid chair, fine. i did not interfere in any way shape or form. it ended with both of them crying, my six year old too tired to deal with the rest of the day and going to sleep. my three year old, who doesn't know what a grudge is sat with her and pet her hair until she went to sleep.

this morning, the battle was about to begin anew: breakfast time, they both want the same chair. what did my 6 year old do? she made the decision that she didn't want to fight over the stupid chair again and sat in the exact same sort of chair right next to it. THANK GOD.

and what did joey do? she decided that since she didn't get to fight over the stupid chair that kai could have it if she wanted it. a month long battle over one stupid chair is OVER.

:rolleyes:

kids are weird, man.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

taking away the chairs till they got tired of standing would have worked to...also explain to the older one how the younger one admires and looks up to her,i am no expert but when you think about it, outsmarting little kids is not that hard

3. hiro

hiro pursue it

KC your kids make me fearful of being a parent. I am sure you are a good mom but your daughters are sucking the life force out of you!

Glad they finally settled the chair battle.

4. mamaKCita

pfft. what part of "trying everything" do you not get?

5. mamaKCita

they get their stubborn temper from me, most likely. i think kai just needed to learn to choose her battles.

at any rate, i'm not sick anymore.

6. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

yay!!! you feelin all better, mama?

7. Wild Mountain Dave

*rolls eyes in the extreme*

8. mamaKCita

much much better. yesterday was hellish.

and hiro, don't let my grumblings freak you out. it's typical grumblings of a parent. 99.9% of the time, the kids are awesome. but they're children and occaisionally you're gonna wanna pull your hair out. it means nothing in terms of how much you love them. you just get fed up from time to time.

9. mamaKCita

hahaha. i know, right?

10. hiro

hiro pursue it

Yeah I know, typical grumblings. I think being so close to being a mommy has a little worried about what kind of mom I am gonna be. I have this fear I will be a "no" mommy...

I am also worried my kids will run me ragged. I don't want to be defeated by my own kids. I am sure this little one will be as stubborn as both her father AND me. Haha.

I also think the above d-bag isn't a parent either.

11. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

that is so frigging sweet!

That story gave me a chuckle. How funny! I've heard something similar told once about letting the kids duke it out. I only have one little one so I haven't faced that situation. We have our own challenges. :cool: Anyway, so glad that it worked out. Who woulda thunk eh? (From one hairless parent to another... I hear ya!) :cheers2:

12. mamaKCita

yeah, joey hates to see kai cry, but LOVES to hear her scream in fury. she's such a little turkey.

13. mamaKCita

dude, i was a freak about it before i got pregnant. i still worry over what kind of parent i am/going to be. it's a learning process...not to mention those little angels are way more clever and devious than you would think.

14. Wild Mountain Dave

hell, my advice was to give one of em a shiv and let the best girl win or remove their tongues. What kind of parent does that make me??

15. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

a creative one? haha!

16. Wild Mountain Dave

17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

the part where you cant figure out how to parent two l;ittle kids so instead you let them fight...your words right...i was just trying to help..i mean i assumed that i was welcome on this forum..i could have easily gone for the obvious laughs at your expence but i didnt..however thank-you for being so rude in your reply and showing your colors.....i guess i need not bother you again................seaward

18. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

do you have children Rollingalong?

19. azucena

azucena vagina farts

i have 2 girls (2 and 4) and sometimes just letting them duke it out is the only option. sometimes they figure it out, sometimes not. it's not a bad thing, they learn coping skills and how to handle situations. of course if it started getting crazy i would interfere, but they're still little so someone gets a bump and starts crying usually. :p

20. fricknfrack

fricknfrack Member

mamakcita is a very nice person don't get her wrong you may have caught her on a very bad day. I myself, have 2 girls (step kids at that) so just imagine the rebellious monkeys i have to sometimes deal with. They are 9 and 12. ALWAYS! stop touching my feet. Don't look at me give me the remote not can i please have. Stop it. What are you looking at?
    Your annoying me, when absolutely nothing is going on. When i'm playing my DS to release stress i have the oldest saying really snotty why are you taking him and (the game) and going to see him?
    taking bowls and putting them away
    clothes
    laundry
    poop talk at the table
    VERY unacceptable at our house
    i have a very low tolerance for rudeness
    bedtime
    I work go to school homrwork placement and i go to sleep at a decent time when they do not have respect for my hubby and I for us to go to sleep i put my foot down. I am a very nice person. But i will make sure i tell my girls i am sorry i yelled at you but you need to know that has to stop
    may i please give you a hug?
    If i sound at any time like a bi^$% on here it may be because i had a hectic weekend. I TRY to do my homework on wekends but with them here its hard
    I told the youngest- YES it is hard to do homework - when all i hear from you is whining - not just no i don't want a hot dog its the long and irritating ear piercing noooooooo i donnnn't want a hoooottt doooggg whhhhyyyyyyy??? So i will be a bit irritated i hope this may give you some insight. We try our best but sometimes our best isn't enough