My Gabrielle

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Josh.Roach014, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Josh.Roach014

Josh.Roach014 Guest

So I knew this girl who I met online, I knew her for over 2 years and I felt truly in love with her. I had plans of meeting her in the future and to lead a great life together. So suddenly she didn't talk to me for over a year, earlier this year she messaged me and it all went well for a few months, and I felt like things were back to how they were, that was until I got a message from her saying

"Hey Josh, I don’t think that we should keep doing this, this whole back and forth romantic stuff…. I don’t know but after a year of not really contacting you (not by choice obviously), I feel like my feelings faded and I really don’t want to lead you on. I don’t have feelings for anyone else, I swear, I am just not very attached to you and I prefer being alone, it just… suits me, I suppose. I am really, truly sorry, but I see this as a slim chance that we’re ever going to actually be together and you should be looking for girls that are closer to home. I’m sure there are tons of girls who would and probably do want you, I know I was one of them at one point. I don’t know, I guess I’m just trying to say that maybe we’re better off as friends than partners….."

I feel just totally gutted.. I thought she was the only one for me and now I don't know how to ease the pain :(

2. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

3. wobs

wobs Senior Member

youre only young and shit like that happens , its hard ,ive been through what youre going through but there is light at the end of the tunnel , trust me

4. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

She was very kind and respectful and honest with you. So you obviously picked a great girl. Try to see what she taught you about yourself, and use those good qualities for the next one. Sorry for the hurt. Sucks.

5. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Sorry to hear that Josh. But Calgirl's right, she DOES sound like a respectful kind of girl who was honest about what was happening where her own feelings were concerned. DO respect that.

Having been in two prior online relationships and another one currently, I will say that breakups like this are more common than meets the eye. If I told you about my last online ex, you'd probably be like, "why the fuck did you guy break up then?!?!", lol. But simply put, she just wasn't my soulmate after all. Yes, it hurt. To the point where I rapidly lost weight and became physically weak because I'd lost my appetite and I wasn't eating much. But I got better. The reason: I realized that she wasn't the right girl for me after all.

You mentioned you didn't talk to her for over a year. Something may have happened during this period of time that made her realize what she wanted wasn't a relationship with you. You can't really do much about that. The only thing you can do is to wish her all the best in life.

You'll meet your soulmate one day. And when you do, you'll know she's the right one because she'll bring peace to your soul. Until then, enjoy whatever you're enjoying right now. :)

6. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Say this:

"Okay cool no pressure, it probably is the wiser thing to do seeing as we probably won't ever meet up. But I'd like to maintain a pen pal kinda relationship, and scratch the romantic chatter. Are you comfortable with this? That fact that you at least took the time to respond to me, instead of vanishing without explanation tells me you're a pretty honest and cool person.

Who knows, maybe we will meet face to face one day 10 or 30 years from now, that's really up to us as adults.

But sure romantic pressure is off, keep in touch.

Peace

(your name)

----

Anyway that's how I'd respond and see if she replies.

(Question to you Josh: Are old are both of you? Are you both adults or both teens? Minors or adults in the eyes of the law?)