my first time

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Leigh420, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Leigh420

Leigh420 Member

i got my first plant a couple days ago, its 4 little plumosa reds. i wanted a nice little plant that could survive in my bedroom, beginning to think the plumosas are big big mistake. my friends took bets on how long the plants would survive, the least amount time was 1 week. everyone lost. by second day the leaves were turning brown and black and they were starting to tilt over. friends still havent stopped laughing. i havent completely given up yet, i take them outside during day where they sit peacefully in the sun on our balcony all day, and i sing sheryl crow cd's to them sometimes ;)
    before i got them, i was considering some type of bamboo, does bamboo do good as a house plant? or actually, what IS good for a little house plant? :)

2. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

duh! if it's a house plant it wouldn't do well being exposed to direct sunlight. get a book on growing houseplants.

Namaste'

3. Leigh420

Leigh420 Member

hehe duh :p i dont think its exactly a house plant, i know plumosa needs sun they love heat (this said the guy i bought them from) but he told me theyd be fine just in front of my window every day. he lied i guess :( does anyone know about having bamboo?

4. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

i was googling for Plumosa because i have no idea what the dutch name would be but what i get are a few thousand results for the latin names of feathered plants :confused:

if a plant needs a lot of light you would need a large window where it gets more than 12 hours of direct sunlight.

I have Bamboo in the garden and part of it is in the shade and part is in the sun and both do wonderful so the only reason i can think off why Bamboo's aren't suitable is that most varieties grow too fast.