My First Nude Beach!!!

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Hippievixen, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This is a personal narrative that was assigned for my Advanced Composition class. I thought it would fit in nicely in this particular forum :) I even attached an aerial photo of the park for reference! Isn't it lovely?!

The July sun shined with white-hot brilliance as we wound down the narrow road circling Lake Travis, beams of light dancing off the water and nearly blinding our eyes. Signs announced that we were arriving closer to our destination - MacGregor State Park, known by local hill-country folk as Hippie Hollow, the only nude beach in the great state of Texas. Spending the day lounging on the rocks and frolicking in the water at Hippie Hollow was something that my husband and I had only joked about before. As we approached the steep entrance, I knew that our fantasy was quickly becoming a reality.

My heart thundered like a jack-hammer as we turned into the park, and I squeezed Marcel's arm with my cold, clammy hand. "Are we sure we want to do this?" I asked, my eyes as big as saucers. "Well, I can always back the car out of this driveway and we can go to our regular spot at Windy Point. It's just a mile further down the road," he said, sounding slightly discouraged.

Hearing the disappointment in his voice, I took a deep breath and told him to continue. We drove to the park few summers before, only to back out at the last minute, too shy to proceed. Determined to enter this time around, we paid the $10 parking fee to the friendly attendant and she handed us a map of the park with a smile and a wink. Perhaps we had the wide-eyed look of first timers as we pulled forward, laughing nervously.

Marcel threw the car into park and grabbed our picnic basket and beach towels while I absentmindedly fumbled with my tote-bag. "What are you doing, killing time?" he asked me, his brown eyes sparkling mischievously. "Oh hush," I said, stepping out of the car and slamming the door, color flooding to my cheeks. We walked to the perimeter of the parking lot and saw a big sign that read, "Nude Bathing Beyond This Point." I giggled and braced myself, preparing to grin and bare it.

We walked hand in hand down a small trail leading to the rocky shoreline of Lake Travis. An older gentleman with a long beard casually sauntered by, wearing nothing but a camouflaged fishing hat, flip flops, a smile, and a pair of binoculars around his neck. "Mighty fine day for bird watching," he said, nodding in our direction. The brochure the attendant handed us mentioned that MacGregor State Park featured several different types of native Texas birds, but I wondered if the binoculars had a different purpose.

Feeling overdressed, but still too shy to take it all off, we found a flat, sun-baked rock, not only ideal for our picnic, but strategically located near a grove of trees that would provide some shade from the sizzling summer sun. Before we departed for the park that morning, I completely doused myself with sunscreen, not wanting to burn the parts of me that had never seen the light of day.

I began unloading our basket, placing the hoagie sandwiches, fresh fruit, and small jug of red wine on the beach towels. I noticed the other couples and groups of friends nearby, laughing and talking amongst themselves, completely care free and having a good time. My European husband had no difficulty stripping down to his birthday suit while I slowly spread our picnic lunch, taking my sweet time. He begged me to join him in his new-found freedom, and I surrendered.

Gathering all the courage I could muster, I quickly slipped out of my skirt and peeled off my top, rolling my clothing into a little ball and discarding the lump in my bag. What an exhilarating feeling! My pulse quickened as the breeze gently tickled my skin and the sun shined down on my bare breasts and shoulders, warming me from head to toe. I took a sip of my wine to take the edge off and ate my sandwich, savoring the thrill of being nude in a public place for the first time.

After we devoured our picnic lunch and sipped several cups of wine, we stumbled down to the sparkling turquoise shoreline and plunged ourselves into the cool water. I felt just like Eve traipsing through the lush Garden of Eden, unclothed and unashamed.

2. Earthwalker

Earthwalker Member

Beautiful. I enjoyed reading it. But I have a question..........is it a true story?

Peace.

PS-WOW!!!, I just loked at your photo gallery. You are stunningly beautiful.

3. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

hey i live near there im in Austin near mopac, this summer i probaly will be going there.

i know what its like to be nude in nature though last summer i modeled for a book called the goddess project and for two hours i walked around nude while someone took my picture. it was extremly freeing..

4. Hippievixen

totally true, cross my heart! :)

thank you kindly, earthwalker.

5. Hippievixen

ohhhh girl you GOTTA go... it is like heaven on earth :)

and lotsa neat tattoos hanging out, too!!!

6. Gymnos

Gymnos Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Way to go! I agree that there is nothing like the feeling of being nude outside in a social setting!
    Larry
    PS Earthwalker is right about your gallery

7. BFG_Rob

BFG_Rob Banned

What a beautiful memory! I'm glad you were able to do it and enjoy yourself. "Unclothed and unashamed". Perfect :)

8. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

Cute story, I like it :) Thanks for sharing.

9. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

10. Hippievixen

yah... it's so nice to climb up the rocks after taking a dip in the lake... all hangin' out and feeling free :)

11. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

I go to a nude beach in vancouver as much as I can, actually when I was seventeen I had a job vending on the beach...hahahahaha I sold hot dogs!!!
    hot footlong wieners for sale.....
    heheheh

well you know some folk drive sports cars!!??

12. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

Tee-hee, were you naked while selling the hotdogs? :)

13. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

yep.....

14. Hippievixen

sweetness!!!

15. Hippievixen

ok, quick update on my assignment... i got a perfect score! my teacher loved it.

she wrote:

'nice little story you have here. you tell it very well.'

16. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

Congrats, Hippievixen! And props to your prof for not freaking out.

17. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

When I was 15, me and 2 buddies took the bus 60+ miles from Abbotsford to Wreck Beach, for purely innocent reasons*cough, cough*
    We found the long set of stairs down through the bush, and walked out onto the beach, and lo and behold...nudists. We had only stripped down to our Adidas shorts and immediately got the evil eye from the sunbathers. So, we went back around the corner, (shy), and dropped our drawers. I was very unsure if I would be able to keep from getting a hard-on but was relieved within minutes when a lady walked up and borrowed a smoke, and I was still soft, of course that was only possible by not looking at the very sights I had travelled 2 hours to see......Catch 22.
    We wandered south and believe it or not we found a bag of weed that was stuffed behind a rock, but not quite totally hidden. In short order, we sparked one up and revelled in our good fortune. Later, as we climbed around on some cliffs about a hundred yards away from the stash rock, a guy walked to the spot, and then shouted over to us if we had seen anyone around there, 'No,' we truthfully and unanimously called back. He wandered off none too happy.
    A canoe rounded the point to the south of us and we watched as a tall, broad shouldered, buff naked, muscular Native man paddled up and then pulled his canoe up onto the shore. I remember thinking how timeless of a scene that was, it was 1981, but it could have been 3000 BC, or any time in between, which struck me as being very cool.
    It was a good day, and I noticed years later that the taboo of wearing some clothing on the beach was no longer the case, and there were many half naked people there. It seemed wrong to me when I saw that......is it? Probably not.
    I have many happy memories of wilderness nudity since then.

18. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Black, that sounds like a very memorable experience!

19. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Sorry dude.......we smoked it 24 yrs. ago. It wasn't that good either, but hey, it was good enough. Thanks for the hoots. I'll see if I can find any weed here in BC to replace it......I bet there is some around BC somewhere...... being that it is our no. 1 cash crop.....by far.

20. Hippievixen

'We wandered south and believe it or not we found a bag of weed that was stuffed behind a rock, but not quite totally hidden. In short order, we sparked one up and revelled in our good fortune.'

*giggles*

i love it when things like that happen :)