my first grow cfls plz help???

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by samuelbell08, Mar 10, 2008.

1. samuelbell08

samuelbell08 Member

Hello all.

this is going to be my first grow i plan to get

two Eco-Light 125W Blue - 6400K for veg

two Eco-Light 125W Red - 2700K for flower

will these lights be adequate for two plats

also for the odor i plan on getin one of these
    http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?productid=830&subcat=108&cat=20
    RUCK 100A - 230m3/hour – Suitable for use with up to 800 Watts of light

is that kit to bit or two small for 2 plants and will it remove the smell???

thanks for you help

2. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Those CFLs should be enough depending on how high (or tall) :) you let them grow. CFLs are great but they don't have the penetration that the HIDs do.

SeeMoreBuds has a book out that goes through a nice CFL grow btw.

Smell? It really depends on the strain. I have seen some grows where the only time you had a smell was when the lights clicked off and even then there was only a slight "green" smell for a bit during the hot humid months. When I say green it is like a plant smell not the skunk type odor.

3. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Agree. Cfl dont really have the light penetration but idea for scrog or short bushy plants. That fan not cheap but looks the biz anyway all ya really need is a fan and some kinda home made charcoal filter hehe heard kitty litter works well too.

4. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Kitty litter.........never thought of that, hmmmmm:>)