my feet look awful

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefoot_kirstyn, May 22, 2007.

1. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

last summer, they were great...but now I have horrible looking feet, and I don't know why.
    After keeping them cooped up in my shoes for the last 8 months cuz of the stupid snow, I can finally go barefoot again...but when I looked at them, I didn't know what happened! It's mainly my heels...they're brown and cracked to crap! It's gotten to the point where they're so rough that I dragged them across my duvet on my bed and TORE the embroidery out!!!!!
    granted, they seem to have toughened up just a little bit, but ugh!
    not to sound wimpy or anything, lol...just normally I have pretty feet, and this year they look like they've gone through a serious beating, and I don't know what happened.
    Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations for good creams or something to take away some of the coarseness?

2. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

First off you might want to take a callous file and sand off all of that dead skin. These work wonders with dry cracked heels. Secondly apply a foot cream such as Burt's Bees Coconut Foot cream sold at most Walgreen's and CVS stores. I use this product daily and it helps keep my feet soft and smooth.

3. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Pedicure.

then maintain with a pumice stone and whatever cream or lotion. I use aloe vera gel.

4. ethereal

ethereal Member

try a hemp oil cream. in australia there is a shop called 'The Body Shop', which sells a great foot cream made of hemp oil. I dont know if they have those shops outside of Aus or not though.
    Hemp oil is really rich and softens the skin so its all good and soft and yummy :)

5. Cool Spruce

Cool Spruce Member

First off, you look different in each sig! That you've used. Interesting. But I do believe it be you. Anyway, what the others in this thread are saying, beginning with pedicure. I would add just getting them out. You and I live in cold climates, and the first times out, things might look a little confined, but grateful for the liberation.