my feet hurt so bad i can't walk

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefoot_kirstyn, Jun 27, 2006.

1. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

i just got back from a 2 hour walk with dd and my feet feel like they're being squished together and being stabbed aqnd torched....this has never happened to me before...they're totally burning....I seriously can't walk...i don't know what's wrong!!!!!!

2. bft4evr

bft4evr Members

I think you simply overdid it. Maybe a case of too much too soon? That can happen if you arte usually shod and then do too much! Let the pain subside and then ease back into it. Gradually build up to longer periods of time barefoot and you'll be fine.

3. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

Dip them in cool water and massage with oil

4. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

you know what, I think you're right. I barefoot when I can, but it's not usually that long....and today so far has been the hotest day of the year, which made the pavement burning hot...
    to top it off, half way through the walk, I went to go put back on my flip flops (which were brand new, my mom bought them for a grad i'm going to on thursday and I was breaking them in) and when I looked in the bottom of the stroller, they weren't there!!! I was really upset, I mean, my mom just bought them for me a couple days ago! Thankfully I found them on my way home.
    paddler-i did the water, but i can't massage my feet...get this: a barefooter doesn't like things thouching her feet...seriously. I can't even wash them in the shower, i get that same feeling as I do when someone runs their nails down a chalk board or scratches jeans....makes me wanna gag.
    The pain has pretty much gone away now, they just feel a little tight when I walk. I just really need to break them back in again. That's the shitty thing about Canada, we only have "barefoot weather" for a few months out of the year, then your feet are stuck back in shoes again....then you haev to go through the whole ordeal again the next year only to have to put back on your shoes once all is good.....oy.