My famous macaroni and cheese!

Discussion in 'Pasta' started by i_need_a_miracle, Nov 21, 2010.

1. i_need_a_miracle

i_need_a_miracle Cajun Cornbread Jigger

My husband absolutely loves this dish. This concoction is really rich, so I don't make it very often. This is really best saved for special occasions, holidays, et cetera. You can use any pasta that you like. I don't really have any specific measurements for any of this stuff. You'll just have to experiment - hey, that's what I did! :) Remember, you can always add vegetables or meat to it, if you wish. I do sometimes, but I'm just posting the plain recipe for this.

Creamy Cheese Sauce:
    A stick of butter, melted
    About 3/4 of a package of cream cheese
    About 1/2 cup of sour cream
    About 1/8 cup of heavy cream
    About 1/6 of a log of Velveeta cheese, cubed

Simmer the ingredients in a sauce pan, until completely melted. While the cheese sauce is being formulated, bring a pot of water to a boil. You can use whichever pasta that you prefer. Lately, I've been diggin' the spirals, but choose your pasta and cook it al dente.

Mix the pasta and the cheese sauce together and there ya go!

I usually season my finished product with dried herbs like dill, basil, and parsley. I always sprinkle some garlic salt on there, as well.

A modification to this would be to make it into a casserole. All you have to do is take the macaroni and cheese, mix it with a couple of beaten eggs, put it into a greased casserole dish, pop it in the oven for about half an hour at 350 degrees. Delicious for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! :)

2. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

i make a rue when doing homemade mac n cheese, then add the cheese(s) and spice that up.

beats velveeta anyday

3. AllredsLady2003

AllredsLady2003 Member

I use a bit more cheese then this recipe but besides that it's about the same and my husband always says (to someone who has never had my mac'n'cheese.."it's the best you'll ever have, even if you don't poop for a day or two!" haha..I never have that problem since i'm slightly lactose intolerant it does just the opposite!