My face wash secret

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by daisymae, Jun 10, 2006.

1. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

is baby shampoo....:D

I just use a facial brush and lather away....It has a nice PH and doesn't hurt the eyes.

2. knitin.chick

knitin.chick Members

baby shampoo is awsome. it's nice and mild, plus it smells great too!

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Nope.

4. brownxfoot

brownxfoot Member

hmmm this sounds nice an relaxing

5. skyjewelz

skyjewelz Member

I've been using dove soap. I hear it's good to switch up what you're using. I think i'm going to try that for a bit.

6. suwanneeredhead

suwanneeredhead Member

You should actually never use soap on your face as it destroys the acid mantle, which protects your skin from bacterial infections (acne) and overdrying. There are many facial wash products on the market that you can use, some quite economical, that do not contain soap with its basic pH. Baby shampoo irritates the daylights out of my skin because it is soap.

7. skyjewelz

skyjewelz Member

I've been using dove soap for years now and have not really had a problem with acne or dry skin. Maybe it's cause I don't wear cover up but it works for me.

8. hippiejessica

hippiejessica Member

I just use plain old water.

9. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I love using baby shampoo too... so nice....

10. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

until i discovered dr bronners tea tree oil soap the only other kind of soap i could use on my face was dove...and yes i use the castille soap directly without dilution.

11. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

heh i used to shave my legs with baby shampoo...it really works too!

12. Ribanna

Ribanna Member

i just use cleaning "tissues" (dunno what they're called)
    i really cant use any soap on my face!

13. LetsToastToToast

LetsToastToToast Member

I switched to just every night in the shower, i'll rinse my face with a washcloth for 5 minutes in warm water, then get out and rise my face with cold water. Then i put vitamin E oil all over my face and let it soak in. A few times a week i'll exfoliate with a green tea/sea salt mixture or use the St. Helen's mint julep mask c:
    It works A LOT better than other regimes i've done... and i'ts more convenient/less expensive/less harmful/etc.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

well hello there old thread with the 20yr olds complexion .. LOL..
    I was recently going thru some old army surplus stuff.. Mostly hygiene products and stumbled on this Bath Away , no water scrub.. Its like baby shampoo and smells like apples.. I started shaving with it and was like wow, didnt remember how good it was...

15. haha_wintaaa

haha_wintaaa Member

Try using raw unpasteurized honey to wash your face. Just rub it in for about a minute and rinse off. It very water soluble, so don't do it on a wet face. Typically I just rinse with it in the mornings, and at night I put it on before I shower and let it set for about 5 minutes, then rinse off. No moisturizers, or acne potions or whatever. Best thing I ever did to my skin. And I used to have mild-bad acne. Must be raw honey though because pasteurizing it takes out the enzymes and such

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

my neighbor just gave me some face scrub with natural oils and sea salt that seems to do the job

17. SiAnO

SiAnO Member

for some people [like me] it is important to switch products [shampoo/facewash]. if i don't, my skin or hair doesn't feel as nice afterward, after a while of using it., and tends to get greasier quicker [mmmmmmm....greasy faaaaceee]. But you just sounds lucky :)

18. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

When I had acne (say age 13-20) I had to wash my face daily and I hated it. It made my face dry, it faded any tan I had quickly, and made it look red/irritated. Since in the last two to three years I haven't had acne, I rarely wash my face, except maybe once a week (with Dove Nutrium Moisture Body Wash). I just let my face go under the hot shower water long enough to rinse any foul things off. I thoroughly wash, with the aforementioned Dove Body Wash, the rest of my body every day however, since I get sweaty easily.

I just enjoy not having to wash my face and strip off any and all of its moisture as well as being able to retain a suntan for many months longer.

19. CandiiRainbow

CandiiRainbow Member

I just use warm water, never soap on the face cuz its not good for the skin
    but sometimes I use honey :) feels so clean after I rinse it off with water :)

20. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

My girl got me this sheabutter soap with dead sea salt in it.... Best thing i have ever used. Dead sea salt interesting...