My epiphany of the gods

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by rjhangover, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Perhaps, but I honestly believe that a deity's existence will never be proven.

What is more likely to happen, however, is that a being claiming to be a god may make an appearance one day. As it will turn out, though, the being will be nothing more than a highly evolved alien species with particular powers derived from higher brain functions.

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Same here, it is very unlikely. But since I consider myself an agnost I won't say never.

3. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

You, like most humans, are hung up on what you "believe", instead of what really is.
    It has been mathematically proven that there is a god. It's also been mathematically proven that there isn't a god. Which only shows that humans aren't very good at math.
    But everything that exists is a mathematical equation. You are the sum of the equation that makes you, you.

4. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

False. If that were a true statement, everyone would believe without question.

Also, if it was a true statement, every mathematician would believe in a higher power. Obviously, they all do not.

5. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Theory of relativity and quantum theory don't get along very well. If you try to somehow put them together, somewhere along the line you get an infinite sum of infinities as a result.

Some people have decided that this is the mathematical proof of god's existence rather than at least one of those two theories being incomplete.

6. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

The theory is so ridiculous, one might as well claim it is the mathematical proof of unicorns and whatever other unproven concepts one wishes added to the formula.

7. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Sure, why not. It's infinity. It could be anything.
    I bet it's an infinite number of gods ;).

8. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

That is one of the fundamental problems with theism. Cannot explain it? It must automatically be God, then.

9. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I've never before heard that the definition of god is: sum of infinite number of infinities.

However it is the one I like the most. A nice equation. Yes, I can call it god, no problem ;)

10. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Clearly, which does not make it any more real due to your conviction.

11. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Well, the mathematicians say it's real...or way past real...;)

PS: I'm talking about infinity.

12. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I guarantee there is not one respectable and reputable mathematician who believes that math proves God's existence.

13. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

In that you are wrong. Even mathematically you are wrong here. Let's say there are 20 million mathematicians worldwide and about 0.000.... oh never mind.

14. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

"If" everyone new the truth, they wouldn't "believe", they would "know". See what I mean about focusing on what you "believe"?

15. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Semantics. Clearly, everyone still does not know, thus making your assertion false.

16. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

I added a PS to my previous post. I was talking about infinity.

17. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

BWAH HA HA! Sure, like your "beliefs" are what's true. Kinda like all the religious fanatics that say that it's THEIR "beliefs" that are true. You are no different than them. Tunnel vision. Your obstinate behavior makes it pointless to continue.

18. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Considering the lack of evidence proving God's existence, I am very confident in stating that my belief in very true. After all, one does not believe that unicorns are real when there is no evidence of their existence.

When one makes an extraordinary claim that something exists when there is no proof of its existence, then it is that person's beliefs which is under intense scrutinization.