My Dready Decision

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by SummerStarshine, Oct 1, 2013.

1. SummerStarshine

SummerStarshine Member

I embarked on the dreading journey officially starting about a month ago. I am already starting to see some forming, my hair is getting wild and I am already loving my ugly baby knots. The top layer of my hair had already started to take shape but the bottom layers not so much. Just takes time of course. :3
    But I chose to embark on this journey because I decided why the hell (k)not?! As far as my job goes... I get shit for it every day. I cannot stand how vain society is, I guess it never occurred to me until after my decision to let go of all that vanity. Along with my dread journey I have decided to eat better, I stay away from processed foods as much as possible, I take vitamins, and I also exercise more, I have been doing yoga and practicing more meditation. I walk bare foot everywhere that will let me in barefooted, I even walk to college bare footed, it makes me feel more down to earth, like now I have this connection with the earth more than ever before. I can truly say I am as happy as I have ever been.
    I am going through a metamorphosis and this is just the beginning, I am a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly. I cant wait to look back on this like a year from now and see the progress I'm making. :3

:sunny: love SummerStarshine

2. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Be wary. Dreads can turn into another type of vanity.

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Moved from body modification to dreadlocks.

4. SummerStarshine

SummerStarshine Member

oh lord believe me i know

5. queenofthesavages

queenofthesavages Member

This is really exciting, I recently embarked on a similar journey. Best of luck to you

6. SummerStarshine

SummerStarshine Member

gracias queenofthesavages, it really is exciting. i wake up every morning and feel my head to check out whats going on up there. i really love the progression. i like tattoos too, but once theyre done, thats that. but with the dreading process it takes time and its like a slow transformation. its really neat. :3 good luck on your journey as well.