My dreadlocks

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by GUIOME, May 3, 2013.

1. GUIOME

GUIOME Guest

Hey there,

I've done my dreadlocks few weeks ago but all my friends says It doesn't look like all my head has dreads. Looks ''unfinished''. Is that normal when they are just few weeks old since they aren't mature yet. There is also a lot of loose hair around so yeah might be why...

2. Flakeofsnow

Flakeofsnow Member

Don't worry, loose hair is all part of the process. I am at 8 months and have tons of loose hair around my maturing dreads. Sooner or later your dreads will lock in those loose hairs and you will get a more mature look.

3. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Yeah same here. I'm coming up on ten months and I'd say at least a 1/4 to a 1/3 of my hair isn't locked up. At this point I find new little baby neglect dreads coming together every couple weeks or so.

Depending on what type of hair you have it could lock up pretty quickly or it could take an agonizingly long time. Fine/thin hair is going to take the longest, that's what I have.

Anyways the only way to get dreads will be to wait, and there's not much to do about people's comments except to try and educate them about the truth of the matter and shrug off any discouragement.

4. JasonVII

JasonVII Is Awesome

you will always have some loose hair, unless you want to spend half your day crocheting. I'm 4 years in and still have a bit of loose hair and the front of my head from wearing a bandanna day in-day out for the entire 4 years

5. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

i'm 9 years in and still get loose hairs, not as much a when they were young tho, they'll look messy for a year or so unless your lucky and they lock up quickly :p