My Delicate Ass....

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by GLENGLEN, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Donald Bill

Donald Bill Members

Hey Glen, imho gaming chairs are glorified versions of office chairs. Only worse. I kid you not. If you are looking for a chair that's much hype and show, a gaming chair will do. But as far as that "Ass Bliss" (lol) you're in search of is concerned, none can deliver it for you like a good office chair. I'm not taking anything away from gaming chairs - the very best of them are great, but for the money you would be putting in, chances are you're more likely to find a better office chair for that amount.

Put another way, office chairs are hands down much better value for money compared to gaming chairs. They are actually not that blah if you manage to find a good one (see examples here) although that will mean dropping some good coin on one.

For someone who sits for hours on end on the computer, I made a conscious decision to extend my life expectancy by investing in a good office chair that pampers my spine (and promises some ass bliss :smiley: ). This particular lifetime is sweet if you ask me, and I wouldn't want to check out earlier than envisioned tbh. That said, I'd say this is one of the best personal investments I have made for moi.

I spend a stupid amount of time in bed, so I invested in a decent mattress. I spend a stupid amount of time at my desk, so I invested in a decent chair (a steelcase gesture). I hope to have my chair for a decade (or two) and hopefully it will still be performing as it is now :tongueout:

GLENGLEN likes this.
  2. Donald Bill

Donald Bill Members

Reminds me of one of my best movies, Burn After Reading :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

TESTING....TESTING....TESTING...Ahhhhhhh....Bliss....:yum:.....Well Folks The Search Is Officially Over.....

.A Few Minutes Ago I Bought My "Delicate Ass" A "Professional Gamer Racer Chair".......And Boy

What A Contrast To The 1900 Antique Chair I Have Used Here For Years......Looks A Bit Strange Next

To The Antique Desk But I Really Don't Give A "Rats Ass".......It Is Just So "Comfy" I Can

Visualise Myself Spending A Lot More Hours Here On HF's.......I Bet That Makes You

Delirious With Joy........ :p ........... (or perhaps not)...... :D

Cheers Glen.

Driftrue likes this.
  4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

parua likes this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Site Can't Provide A Secure Connection......:disappointed:

Cheers Glen.

hotwater likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I can imagine the contrast with that former chair :p Congrats with your latest investment!

GLENGLEN likes this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Would the shortened name of a dunny trike be a dike? ;)

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Now you will have plenty of time to get that antique chair restored and reupholstered.
    After that it will probably be more comfortable than the new one and will DEFINITELY outlast it.

9. Asmodean

Just like Glen will probably outlast most of us :p

GLENGLEN likes this.
  10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The Desk And Chair Are Dated 1900.......They Didn't Spend Countless Hours Sitting On Their

"Asses"In Front Of A Screen Back Then So Comfort Wasn't A Priority....Different Story In Today's World....:smile:

Cheers Glen..

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When my late mother started work in 1916, she sat at her desk for 60 hours a week (for a weekly pay packet of twelve and a half pence)
    A few years later the first modern chairs were introduced, the type with a circular base and 3 wheels. Everyone thought that it was great fun to propel the person sitting next to them across the office. It came to an abrupt halt when one of the girls went through a glass partition. LOL.

My comment about the life expectancy of these fancy and highly expensive computer chairs was based on seeing piles of them at the local dump where the tubular steel welds have fallen apart. Some of them only look a few weeks old.

So.... Get your old chair renovated and you will be sitting on it for the next 119 years. :yum::yum::yum:

12. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

I am still following your Delicate Ass Glen.
    But as it seems to be sagging a bit at the moment.
    I bumped it up. :grin:

GLENGLEN likes this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So will Chlamydia ;)

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

15. Asmodean

Yups, and whatever else Glen carries :D

16. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

That's a very interesting chair Irm. :grinning:
    Do you know where I can buy one?

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Well...Tit's Now 20th Of August And I'm Ecstatic In Being Able To Report Back To You On The "State Of My Ass".......

It's A Very "Happy Ass"......I Chose Well.....And I Added The Optional Lumber Support And Neck

Cushion Kit.....So Peeps To Summarize.......GLEN's Ass Is A Happy Ass......GLEN's Lumber

Is A Happy Lumber.....But As For The Neck Cushion......Well It Goes Without Saying......Nothing Could

Ease The Fact That GLEN Is Still A "Pain In The Neck"....... :D

Cheers Glen.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Glen has lumber in his ass?

The word you are searching for is lumbar...

Lumber is something else entirely. So get that board outta ur ass...

19. Asmodean

There's a log in there probably. Doesn't that count as lumber?

Timbeeeer!!

20. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

So what does the new chair look like? All this talk and no pic.