My dad is getting married

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Jennifer19, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't think you should go.
    But I have unusual views on the matter of "obligation".
    Life is about doing what you feel is Right.
    Not doing what you feel is expected or demanded of you.
    Only you can obligate yourself.

parua and Jennifer19 like this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not attending is a fine way to state how you feel about it.

Jennifer19 likes this.
  3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

I'm sad to hear this Jennifer. You should probably stay home if it causes you that much anguish. I would. I didn't go to my own father's funeral because of the childhood abuse and his life of drunken behaviour. My family got over it... I am sure you will be forgiven for not going. What does your Mom think?

Rahab and Tyrsonswood like this.
  4. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

She thinks he is nuts he started a Facebook war with everyone and said some really mean things about my mom it’s like leave us alone I talked too my sister she is ready too tell him to fuck off about this wedding cara the soon to be bride wanted Jackie too walk her down they i’ll and give her away jack thought that might be weird my dad blasted jack care if crying and I’m hurt you won’t do this

5. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

We really don’t even know cara all that well

6. Angela36

Angela36 Members

You've already said you don't want to be mean like your dad is. So regarding the wedding you only have two choices. Be nice and give him another chance and go. Or ignore the occasion as I originally suggested, maybe tell him you have to wash your hair, and stay home.

What you gonna do?

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

seems like everyone i meet who fits that description is married. often for the 3rd or 4th time.

8. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Which tells me he's available for marriage, but not what I would consider "marriage material".

ZenKarma likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my point is, someone keeps marrying these guys, so those people must consider them marriage material.

Angela36 likes this.
  10. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

My dad message me ask if me and jack are coming for the vows jacks husband said he is not going no way am I gonna let my sister go alone to this shit wedding The wedding is in September if Jack goes I’ll go with too support my sister

11. Well, I say go. He may not appreciate it now, but someday, somehow, it will mean something. Maybe it'll put him in a good mood for a week. I don't know.

12. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Good for you. At least you'll get to see and visit with your sister.

Jennifer19 likes this.
  13. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Jennifer - what the latest?

14. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

My sister message me my dad started attacking her again he told her he cut her out of his will he is pissed she won’t walk cara down they I’ll all jack said is it might be weird she was not mean in anyway so she message me she probe not going so I’m not either I’m supporting my sisters on this one

15. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I would buy him a bottle of his favorite liquor, and leave it with a note that says, "Hope you die faster", because you are killing us. Watch how fast he drinks it, and you'll know whether you should skip Dallas altogether and get the fuck out of Dodge before he flips his wig altogether. Its hard to admit there's nobody home when its someone you love or wish you could love.

Jennifer19 likes this.
  16. Angela36

Angela36 Members

I think you are making a wise decision. He doesn't sound stable.

Jennifer19 likes this.
  17. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

No he is not stable he is losing it this is how he wants too leave things with all this hatred

18. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

He didn’t go see his dying dad in the hospital he said he wasn’t invited too go wtf this not some party you arsp too it’s your fucking dad who is dying be blamed his sister my gram said she doesn’t even think she can be civil too him going around no one told him his dad was sick that’s bullshit my aunt left too message we all tried getting him too go too the hospital

19. Angela36

Angela36 Members

Wow. A strange guy to say the least.

20. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Impulse control is the big issue. The more you drink, the more your impulse control goes down the toilet and you say and do things you never would otherwise and can't imagine even why you said them and did them. Winos become what tribal people describe as a cockroach, with Groucho Marx and Oscar the Grouch being classic examples. The lights are on, but nobody is home, and there's nothing left but a bundle of bad habits and anger. Nobody's in charge anymore, and you might as well talk to the nearest wall.

You could compare it to an adult version of a temper tantrum in a spoiled child who never stops lashing out at the world in anger. They might as well plug their ears and shout, "I can't hear you!" For all the difference it makes. Maybe they had a traumatic childhood and weren't breast fed or something, but the issue remains as to who the fuck do they want to become now and do you want anything to do with them.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019