My compromise for gun control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maccabee, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

And you continue to prove my original point. No matter how agreeable, pleasant, and amicable I attempt to be, you write piles and piles of attacks, name calling, and then refer to your *opinions* as though they are *facts*. You are free to believe what you will, but I'll just repeat my original statement...it's impossible to attempt a reasonable discussion, because of the unbelievable arrogance, and a steadfast refusal to even make the tiniest attempt at trying to see another's point of view. Any further attempt to speak to you is a complete waste of time and effort...because you haven't even the capacity for seeing beyond your own established beliefs, and you are incapable of *ever* believing that you could possibly be incorrect. You are free to frame this in whatever ridiculous light makes you happy, as I have no doubt you will...but attempting a civilized discussion with a wall...is pointless.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Aerianne and WritersPanic like this.
  2. This is textbook bigotry trying to be disguised as an "enlightened" discussion.

Aerianne likes this.
  3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Panic

Sorry but the only person that is wasting time is you.

Are you addressing any of the many outstanding criticism of your views – NO

Are you adding anything of substance to the debate - NO

Are you posting self righous bullshit and bluster – YES

And I’ve noticed that seems to be you MO not just in this thread but across the forum

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Panic

LOL I think I lose you because you are not listening

I was seeking clarification – you seemed to be saying that the social problems within US society are made up fantasies and been so do to not need tackling.

I notice that you did not reply to that, can you please do so?

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Panic

As I say I think most of the problem is you not listening to what is been said

What ‘stuff’ are you even talking about, what in the proposed gun control regulations is not about guns?

As to the social issue my whole point is that crime is linked to social problems so a better way of tackling crime is by tackling those social issues not by promoting to have more guns.

Guns don’t cause these things but neither do they tackle them and as these things are connected to the prevalence of crime then having easy access to guns just means more criminals will have easier access to guns. Easy access to guns makes a bad situation worse.

6. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Panic

Do they - where?

All of them federally?

In what way are these regulations ‘going after’ gun owners?

In what why are ’they’ lying?

What aims do you think ‘they’ have?

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Bull

LOL you do realise that people can go and check your posts don’t you?

And they are not agreeable, pleasant, and amicable, they are aggressive condescending and hostile but above all factious and lacking in substance or rational content.

You first post in this thread was about taking the piss out of me for suggesting that gerrymandering and voter suppression by the right was taking place and when I gave evidence of it your come back with a lie saying

‘I've contributed at least as much factual evidence as have you’

When you hadn’t and never did.

I could go on, I mean you’re been duplicitous right now, claiming stuff that isn’t truthful

I mean what you are doing is right out of the dishonest debaters handbook - it’s a rhetorical trick used to try and derail a debate you wish to end.

I mean are you addressing any of the outstanding criticisms of your views NO

Are you adding anything of substance NO

Are you making an excuse for refusing to debate YES

You say this simply because you have no rational counter arguments.

I mean LOL if you could you would, you’d love to smash down my arguments and criticisms of your viewpoint, pound them into the dirt – BUT YOU CAN’T – so you have to bluster and puff up your chest with fake righteous indignation to try and hide the fact that you have NOTHING.

8. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

What has happened in this thread as in other gun issue thread is that gun lobbyist are given plenty of opportunities to present counter arguments but on the whole they don’t, instead we get repetitious sloganizing and flippant remarks and excused many excuses why they will not debate.

This is either because they are dishonest – nothing they have no counter-arguments but trying to hide that fact or that many have never actually given their viewpoints that much though or put them under any type of examination.

There have been those that have complained in the past that I explain things at a length and to appoint that they find annoying but they don’t see that that is because I can do that because I have given many of my views some thought, I have questioned them, I have examined them.

So often the gun lobbyists flounder and like Bull and Panic they bluster and pontificate while not presenting any counter arguments or anything of substance at all while all the time making excuses why they can’t.

Its sad.

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Panic

Americans are more murderous than other any other people.

LOL again you really need to read what is said

Or was taking this quote out of context on purpose- making you dishonest instead?

See what I do say is - Are Americans inherently more violent than other people? I don’t see that I’ve meet many Americans and have visited the US (or at least California) and that wasn’t my impression.

(i mean hell man anyone can read the piece it is just above)

So the trouble with your quote is that it actually backfires

My whole point is that I DON’T think Americans are more murderous than other peoples but that the gun lobby keep suggesting they are.

So what you are actually saying here is that you think the gun lobbyists, like yourself, are the bigoted ones.

I mean if you are going to make such silly mistakes I can understand what you never have any rational counter arguments

Sorry marked (F) for fail – although it was amusing

Asmodean likes this.
  10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The argument on the gun lobby side is that American people are more murderous that others and that even if Americans did not have ease of access to guns they would still go out and kill just as many people with knives, baseball bats or spoons, because they so like to kill and injure.

That if they couldn’t get easy access to guns they would dedicate themselves to learn all the chemical and machining knowledge to build themselves guns, canon or bombs because they are so committed to death and destruction.

You could ask as I have why that doesn’t really happen in other places with gun control and if they answer at all they come back with the implication that Americans are different (eg more murderous) than say Europeans.

So are the gun lobbyists bigots as Panic has said?

granite45 likes this.
  11. Ooooh, that's a Bingo!

wrat likes this.
  12. Oh say it ain't so

13. [Bubble-bus]

You're just a guy on a screen from some far flung location. You arrive after substantial hiatus, dump on people, then vanish for months again.

wrat likes this.
  14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Panic

LOL well we are all on the internet so I’m unsure what your point is, and what ‘substantial hiatus’ I mean I’m here most days even if I don’t post so unsure what you are on about.

Thank you for making my point for me – you are basically useless to anyone here with no thoughts of any substance or worth, wallowing in your own ignorance and deceits, drifting through life until your inevitable end, I wonder if you will ever think for yourself.

I mean you could start here and actually begin debating honestly or is that just too much for you?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  15. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

The sheriff in Los Angeles county was going to close down all the gun shops because they are non essential, during the pandemic.
    He has since had second thoughts. Probably for legal reasons.

16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Hi

I'm happy to discuss the locking of this thread or its removal to the trashbin but to do so without comment seems harsh.

Regards

Balbus

Asmodean likes this.
  17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Good you reopened it imo!

18. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

The sheriff now has the ok to close gunshops.

19. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Wait, I'm lost. What happened?

20. The discussion was becoming needlessly hostile and pointless as personal jabs became the issue instead of the subject of the thread. So someone shut it down long enough for cooler heads to prevail. It happens sometimes.

Maccabee likes this.