my breasts are getting bigger! help!

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by crazy_gurl, May 26, 2004.

1. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

i've always had quite big breasts (i've been on the pill for 1 and a half years, which is probably a main reason) but just recently i've moved up from a size D cup to a size DD cup! also i noticed that they dont really feel as firm anymore, they feel more softer somehow... i dont think i can b pregnant, coz the pill is meant to be 100% effective wen taken correctly (which i do...), even though i have noticed myself getting slightly fatter (but thats probably down to my sweet tooth lol).

what i wanted to ask was... how long do breasts grow for after they start growing, and does anyone think this is a serious matter, i.e. pregnancy?

thanks in advance for your replies.

2. akhc

akhc Member

the pill isn't a 100% even if taken correctly.. nothing is a 100% with contraception.

suggest u take a pregnancy test.

3. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

crazy_gurl - I've been on the Pill for about six months and exactly the same is happening to me at the minute. I was a D and now I'm a DD, putting on weight around my middle too. I'm putting it down to a combination of comfort eating and the Pill, because I've not had sex for a good few months, so there's pretty much no risk of pregnancy there! Even so, I'd suggest taking a test just for peace of mind. It's not uncommon for your boobs to grow and to have some weight gain though.

4. butterfly

butterfly Member

Yeah the pill makes you gain weight. But if you have just gained weight because of a sweet tooth then it's natural that some of it will end up on you breasts.

5. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

I dont know the percentage for the pill, but believe me, it dosent always work, even if taken correctly..(learned that one the hard way). My girl says when you take the pill it can make your body think its pregnent due to the hormones, so that could be why they are getting bigger. Most likely it is just gravity though!

6. sicko

sicko Member

just gotta say... this thread is exciting from a male viewpoint.

7. SweetSoul

SweetSoul Member

These are very common effects from the pill....i have been on and off the pill....right now i am on it..and been on it for about a year...it is frustrating when you already have large breasts and they get bigger...because if you are like me you want them smaller...i gained 20 lbs everytime i have been on the pill(and lost it everytime i am off it)...the pill makes your body think its pregnant...but i have taken a couple pregnancy tests while on it ...just to set my mind at ease...and to make sure i wasnt preventing something that was really there already...i would take a test if i were you just because you will be less stressed out...being on the pill you can still become pregnant..i know someone who was consumed when their mom was on birth control

8. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

I think the culprit would be your sweet tooth. ;) But, the pill just makes you puff up like a balloon. I recently stopped taking the pill, because it was a waste of money to regulate. Anyhow, I had a lot of crazy side effects with the pill, such as a change in my prescription for glasses, and yes, the bigger boob thing.

I went from a c, to a d in 3 months of taking it. Now, a result from taking the pill. One is significantly bigger than the other one. I find it's a noticable change, but that's just me.

Do you exersize at all?? That could help you with the problem around the middle. Now that I'm off the pill, I don't feel so sluggish all the time, so I can go out and exersize or whatnot.

9. Wicked Eyes

Wicked Eyes Banned

*looks at all the 17 year olds on the pill and wonders about the world*

10. Lani

Lani Member

So having a pregnant 17 year old that can't take care of the child would be a better solution?

11. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

yea thid means my gf will have dd's soon. agirl from my school who i had gone to elementry with just had a kid. two of my exs' got pregnant after breaking up with me. one has two kids now i heard. and the other had a misscarriage. i think i was cursed. if a girl dumped me after a week she'd get knocked up.

12. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

So let me get this clear...do you definitely get weight gain from the pill or is it just a coincidence? Cos I've been wanting to go on it but I don't really want to put on any weight (bigger boobs? yes please :p)

13. butterfly

butterfly Member

If you're lucky all the weight will go straight to your boobs!
    One of my friends is a lesbian but she's on the pill purely to get bigger boobs.

14. RedStar

RedStar Member

well, you're only 17. i know lots of people, like my girlfriend, who experience growth spurts in their bosoms. My gf was relatively small chested up until she was about 19 and now she has a 36DD size cup. Breasts have minds of their owns sometimes when it comes to deciding when to grow it seems.

15. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I was just going to say the same thing, Redstar. Your body may not be finished developing, yet. You are only 17, afterall. If they feel tingly and sensitive, that may be a different story. That is a sign of prg. Get a test just to be sure. And wicked eyes, it is very responsible for teenagers to be on BC. And FYI, not everyone on BC is sexually active. Maybe they are just preparing. some doctor's prescribe it for irregular menstrual cycles. At least they are being smart. They aren't the ones you have to shake your head at.

16. Carpathian Vampyric

Carpathian Vampyric Member

From a medical viewpoint here:

No form of contraceptive is 100% effective, however if taken correctly it is unlikely that you will be pregnant.

The contraceptive pill in itself doesnt add weight however you will find that your metabolism has changed a little due to the hormones.....you may find your eating more therefore you will gain a little weight.

At 17 I would not say that gravity is affecting your breasts. I would put it down to the hormones.

Your young and your body is still growing and changing so your breasts still may be growing also.

If you have symptoms that your breasts become painfull and feel heavier, the areola darkens and becomes bigger then I would get a pregnancy test as quite often one of the first symptoms of pregnancy are breast changes.

At the end of the day hun I would not worry. Its most likely the fact that you are probably still growing and your taking the progesterone.

Progesterone is a hormone that relaxes and softens smooth muscle, it is a major hormone in pregnancy which allows the soft tissues to be stretched to accomade a growing uterus etc......Now this doesnt mean that your pregnant at all, the progesterone is fooling your body into thinking it is pregnant so that you wont ovulate.

Basically thats what the pill does......to keep it simple......it over loads your body with progesterone so that other hormones will not be produced thus preventing ovulation.

Hope this helps

xx

17. sicko

sicko Member

holy shit that sounds awesome
    I can just imagine dating some girl, falling in love, and then her chest swells up... :D

18. Hippy_Smurf

Hippy_Smurf Member

Well, thanks for judging me for taking responsibility for my own body.

Wondering about the world? 17 year olds being sexually active is hardly this world's biggest problem, if it even is a 'problem'.

Sex is legal at 16 over here, 13 (I think) in the Netherlands. 17's hardly shocking.

19. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

he being pervy me thinks

20. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

thanks for all the replies.

i still have a few questions though... some people have said that it's probably the effects of the hormones in the pill that are making my breasts grow... but the thing is, ive been on the pill for over a year now, so shouldnt i be used to the symptoms? however, when i first went on the pill, i did go from a size C to D...

some people have said that im still growing, which is a reason for the growth... i was just wondering, does anyone know for how long my breasts should keep growing for?

i havent got any of the symptoms that some people described, so i think im clear in the pregnancy field... but still, i get worried on this subject all the time, i wasted £10 on a pregnancy kit a few weeks ago, and it was negative. if i do that everytime i think im pregnant, il be broke within a few months...

but everyone did put my mind at ease, thankyou everyone.