My $700 mistake

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TheLittleOne, Dec 31, 2004.

1. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

I work at a ski resort, booking reservations for activities and dining. So I basically plan peoples' vacations while they're here, which is a pretty important job...
    So a couple weeks ago, I mis-booked someone's dinner sleigh ride..And this Georgia familiy showed up and didn't have their reservation..And pretty much, they all started crying. Supposedly they were really sweet people and were really upset..
    So my department treated them to tubing, snowmobiling, and dinner, costing them almost $700. Now, the tubing, snowmobiling, and dinner establishments aren't obligated to give complimentary services. They did it because my boss had to beg them to help this fucking family...And now i feel like crap cuz i was the one that ruined their vacation, and everyone else had to clean up my mess..
    And the lady from the snowmobiling comp. just dropped by and gave us all bottles of champagne for new year's...and i just feel like everyone hates me cuz i screwed up...my supervisor wrote me up yesterday, which sucks. On top of that, they had problems with two other reservations i made, one of which i still have to deal with by 5 today...urgh.
    you may not think this kind of desk job is difficult, but it's so stressful i swear...10, 12 hour days...dealing with bitchy tourists...same questions over and over. I mean, it pays well, but this customer service deal gets overwhelming, know what i mean?

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

yea, and thats why i'm not a people-to-people person...

3. hiro

hiro pursue it

I am sorry. I am sure things will get better you're still pretty new aren't you?

4. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

i've been here for almost two months now. but it's the busiest time of the season, it's crazy

5. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

well theres lots of jobs, and everyone makes mistakes. . .hey waht can you do? you cant be perfect.