Muslims Assimilating In the USA.

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Jimbee68, Jun 19, 2019.

1. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd love to see a plan for Jews and Muslims to be accepting of one another. Same for Christians and Muslims. Any non-Muslims and Muslims. That would be the game changer in the history of game changers!

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

What about muslims among eachother? Didn't that terrorist war in Iraq and Syria predominantly costs muslim lifes.

The majority of muslim and christian individuals seem already inclined to be accepting of eachothers existence. Same counts probably for muslims and jews as well. It only takes a few extremists in a powerful position to make it appear different or fool the people into losing their acceptance (often not just because of religion but because geopolitical or economical interests and motives)

stormountainman likes this.
  3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why would they have to give up Sharia?
    I think he is a Muslim, or used to be, or claimed to be.

stormountainman likes this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

That sounds Republican to me and I already live here.

Sharia law is also great for men. I would assume you would like the short leash on women.

5. unfocusedanakin

What is stopping that? People with your views that it will not work anyway. Literly nothing else but your opinion that Islam is wrong. Muslims and Jews actuly get along very well in most cases. It's the media who wants you to think it's all a Israel vs. Palestine thing 24/7.

I''ve been treated nicely by every Muslim I have known. Nicer honestly than Republicans treat me when it's clear I am not one of them. I did not have to be Muslim to get respect. Republicans don't accept outsiders. They say the same of outsiders of course.

I would rather live next a Muslim than a white person who wears red hats. I know who the hateful one is.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

There are Muslims and Trump supporters who are very kind and considerate to others, as well as compete assholes in both groups, and everything in between. Generalizing that one group is nicer than another demonstrates a lack of exposure. Heck, there's probably even a nice Democrat or two out there somewhere! (J/K)
    But you are unaware of what makes the religion of Islam different. All other religions teach acceptance of other religions and the non-religious. Islam teaches conversion by the sword.
    It's not about how nice the people are nor how your neighbor greets you, it's about the day when you're told you are now practicing Islam or pushing up daisies - pick one. I read it in their holy book which must be obeyed to please their god (claimed to be the God of Abraham but with a Bible-changing twist). You can too. If you seek truth, you will read it for yourself. Be free of the bonds of immature ignorance.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  8. unfocusedanakin

:tearsofjoy:

I've got some beach front property to sell you in Kansas. You seem like a smart guy.

I know they think of themselves as nice but they are all rotten. They support hate and racism and think it's OK since it's not their clan. They fundemently don't think one should worry about others. It's not natural unless it's your own.

They twist this into their Evangelical shit while ignoring what Jesus actuly said.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

christians still haven't assimulated to america.
    they thought they had a devine right to steal the place.

10. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

They did make one agregious error in the founding documents, the statement that "all men are created equal". It's true in the eyes of God but to mankind we're created vastly different. We have different physical and mental abilities and limitations. Besides what's set by DNA, there's upbringing. By adulthood, the accumulated effects of all these factors set the strata of where we all fit in the structure of society. So, "equal" would never work anyway. Other than those who just bum off of others, we need all "walks of life" to get everything done.

It's easy for people to feel despair in today's America when they feel they've been unjustly shortchanged on talents. We've reached a state of feeling sorry for those of low ability so much that we're willing to support them for life while failing to require they contribute. Not earning their own keep drops their self-worth to rock bottom and they feel valueless.

Other societies tackle the situation in more beneficial ways. From allowing people to conduct business without paperwork, licenses, and taxes to paying people for menial tasks to allowing folks to sift through the discarded items of others looking for items of value, construction of homes without paperwork, permits, fees, and taxes. Stuff that people who grew up here would never realize. Stuff that was normal in the days of the founding.

News today: People can't stop yammering about how the ability to purchase guns legally is why we're experiencing sporadic killing. Those saying that have a narrow view of the condition of our society. They are ignorant of the feeling of despair and worthlessness. Thus no idea of the real cause. Solutions aimed at tools instead of the general welfare of the people is somewhat analogous to pasting a band-aid over an infected wound. We're so "advanced", yet so "retarded" at the same time!