Muslims and Christians

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ThePoetSappho, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Muslims view "Islamic" terrorists the same way most Christians view Westboro Baptist Church.... - Yasira Jaan

Saw this on my Facebook feed today. It actually made me stop and think a moment. What do you think?

2. darkforest

darkforest Member

I see more Christians distancing themselves from Westboro than Muslims from terrorist.

3. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

I think both have extremists and that the majority of both faiths probably want to distance themselves from said extremists.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

muslims blow loads of people up, christians blow loads up in children.

whats more damaging..

5. odonII

odonII O

Yeah.

6. Driftwood Gypsy

agreed. The Muslims I know are just mortified, and just want the killing to stop and want to be left alone. They see the extremists are ruining it for them when they just want to live peacefully.

7. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The U.S. government is full of right wing evangelical "so called christians" that gave us the Iraq war, war on women's rights, war on drugs, war on healthcare, war on the poor, war on social security, war on immigrants, and war on sexual morality. Most of them are republicans that cheat on their wives, protect corporate welfare, promote the industrial military complex, and make it easy for criminals and terrorists to buy guns.

Those "so called christians" have killed over a million innocent muslim civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan since 2001.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Really? Or do you just know and talk to more Christians on a daily basis?

9. Driftwood Gypsy

I think in general, people are just people, decent folks like everyone here, just trying to figure out life their own way.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Just what I thought :p

And yes, people are always people in the first place. There is no use in judging people because of their religious affiliation because a moron killed some people in the name of that religion.

11. Mike Suicide

Mike Suicide Sweet and Tender Hooligan

To me it's like the Bloods and the Crips. Same shit different colors.

12. Gangsta twosix

Gangsta twosix Member

Islamist are fighting Imperialism by using terror and warfare.However they might appear to the so called "civilized world",the fact is;they have been suppressed by empires since WWI and they just want what they believe is rightfully theirs.What is notable is that there is no separation of state from religion in Islam,so the fact that they're fighting for a system that has been implemented in the past makes them legitimate.This is an attractive idea for people seeking prosperity.

13. Asmodean

No sepration of state from religion in islam? Both islam and muslim countries are much more diverse as you are portraying here.

[​IMG]

14. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

The Muslim followers are sheep being herded by the Imam's, just like the evangelicals being bullshitted in this country, by the "christian preachers". Jesus called church leaders in his day, "sons of vipers". The more things change, the more they stay the same.

The green "Muslim" countries are not diverse. They are 98% Muslim, and persecute anyone that isn't. Check out Egypt today, they're burning Christian churches.

15. Asmodean

SOME are burning christian churches. The majority of egyptian muslims do not persecute christians at all.

16. Gangsta twosix

Gangsta twosix Member

this actually proves my point,this the current situation,and Islamist are fighting for a pan-Islamic state.This has nothing to with diversity though

17. Gangsta twosix

Gangsta twosix Member

what does that have to do with anything?I feel as if this is off topic to the OP

18. wabbey

wabbey Member

Theres fanatics on both sides hiding behing thir bibles to exercise their individual prejudices .

19. Resistance isn't futile

Resistance isn't futile Member

Islam is a religion that doesn't have a priesthood. There is "church" hiearchy or leaders. So there's no great universal islamic conspiracy against west.

But there are in Islam just there are in all religions and places on the earth greedy and power hungry people.

Greedy people in search of power need to convience others to do things for them. So they lie, twist the truth and promise all kinds of rubbish. And sadly a good con job takes a lot of people in and we then end up with innocent people paying the price.

Islam is beautiful and the teachings of the proft Mohamed are simply inspiring.
    Just as the teachings of Jesus are and the teachings of Moses. (Peace be upon them)

20. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

Muslims sympathize a lot more. Maybe controversial, but I think Muslims tend to have more violent extremists.