Muslim head scarves

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ~Gina~, Aug 29, 2005.

1. ~Gina~

~Gina~ Member

LEAVE THEM ALONE
    damnit we see politicians calling our country democratic, and the stupid politicians believe that muslim women are forced to wear them and that taking them off will give them freedom...Pfft, that couldnt be more wrong, every muslim decides if they want to, i know a few muslim friends that dont wear any head scarves and they are stilla accepted in their family. So wat the hell is up with ppl saying that these aussie women will be more free???

2. evdogs

evdogs Member

it all stems from the govt. (and society) fear of terrorism. in this sense, the govt. is preaching you can be a muslim without being completely subservient to the faith (because for some people, that means blowing themselves up). and everyone wants to avoid people blowing themselves up at the end of the day. so this is the govt. taking a stance that rather than being respectful, is driven by a want to shape the muslim community into a 'non-terrorist' muslim community. now i hardly believe this is fair or just or will even work, but then again, if someone blows themselves up on george street tomorrow, people will ask why the govt. stood by and did nothing about anything in the preceeding months. this is the govt's answer, so at least they can claim they did SOMETHING.

or alternatively, maybe old jonny has become good friends with chirac over in crossaint-land and, because he couldnt think of any policies of his own, has decided to steal frenchies. and then lessen it a bit. for those who don't know, france has a policy of NO headscarves in places of education. it's illegal. so in a sense, at least be happy we havent gone that far.

3. Xac

Xac Visitor

I think it is a ridiculas proposition, the only result i can see these laws producing is anger and/or fear and we all know these emotions can easily turn to hate, which is why people blow themselves up to begin with, now i am not saying that would be the muslims reaction but i am saying that these laws are counter productive.

In my highschool anything religious had to be accepted, whether it defied school rules or not (eg. uniform) but i went to a pretty multi-cultrule school.

Now having said all these i agree these proposed laws only limit (reasonible) freedom and they are absured laws. They will do nothing to prevent terrosim and the fact that it is an obvious attack (yes i believe attack is an appropraite word for the circumstance) on muslims will not help the current situation in Australia. i think law abiding muslim citizens in Australia are getting a raw a deal.

4. evdogs

evdogs Member

while the latest 'headscarf' PROPOSAL is certainly quite absurd, i believe xac you're missing the point - simply because it's easy to point out discrimination and end it at that. muslims in australia are getting a 'raw deal', are being discriminated against by the policy-makers and law enforcement agencies...but that's only because extremists of the islamic faith have shown to be the greatest terrorist threat. it's like the statistics which show that males of arab appearance are searched way more often at airports than people of any other gender or nationality. clearly, this is police discrimination. but is this necessarily wrong? surely it is targetted for a very good reason. it is unfortunate that many innocent muslims who practise a faith which preaches peace must come under increased suspicion, but until islam stops producing violent, suicidal extremists, it will be the way. in the name of public safety, i believe targetted policies must be looked at as more that just straight out, evil, kniving, 'discrimination'. it has a justifiable purpose, whether you think that justification is enough to transcend moral or social principles is another question altogether.

5. Xac

Xac Visitor

Yes but its one thing to search Arabs more specifically at air ports and it is another thing to ban headscarfs at schools, i can see how police searches my prevent an attack but for the life of me i cannot work out how any good can come of banning head scarfes.

6. Unbreakable_T

Unbreakable_T Member

Headscarves are okay, but anything that covers the face needs to be done away with

7. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

That's a burq'a - which some believe to be the ONLY troo Islam.

8. Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson Member

What is the point in wearing a hanky on your head? They don't have snot for hair.

9. Baby Fire-fly

Baby Fire-fly Member

what is the point of wearing a tie to work?

10. Bananainhead

Bananainhead Member

I had a run in with a car load of Muslims today....they swerved across the front of my car{in a blatant fashion}, so I swore at them, then when we met at the lights, the knucklehead said that if I didn't like it, he would make me like, and that he would bury me....I asked him to come over and bury me and he drove away.

Now is he a typical muslim?
    He acted like I was scum of the earth even though he was driving like a maniac.

11. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

They have these laws against headscarfs in schools ect in turkey and they seem to work there .
    and I have friends who have been forced to wear headscarfs not in australia but I think its happening there too .

what you have to remember with islamic dress is its to show that you are different and superior to kafirs thats non muslims

the whole idea is too take over your society .

if you allow islamic dress your going to encourage more fundermentalists like if you allowed people to walk around in nazi uniform you would encourage more nazis that may be a unpopular thing to say but its true .

12. Xac

Xac Visitor

So you are saying all those who wear headscarfes are supporting a fundamentalist muslim take over of Australia? How can you compare Nazism to Islam? Nazism IS based on hate where as Islam is not (it can however be twisted too, same as most religions).

Perhaps Schools should ban kids from wearing crucifixes? by your logic we (I wear one) could mostly be KKK members trying to take over Australia.

Bottom line headscarfes don't hurt people and they don't encourage violence all they do is represent a religion, whether or not those people think they are better because of it is their own buisness, lets face it people from most religions think they are better then those who are not also apart of that religion.

13. Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson Member

It's a symbol of individuality within the work place. All ties are different in their own special way. Hooray!

Better be careful next time. Those terrorists don't mess around.

14. guy

guy Senior Member

do some research on economic theory everyone, look at inflation+interest rates+unemployment+immigration. i'm sure you'll soon realise how things really work and that the root cause of most "problems" is the economy-not whether someone is wearing a headscarf or not!

15. Bananainhead

Bananainhead Member

AND WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW....AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOU, GUY SEBASTIAN?

16. Bananainhead

Bananainhead Member

Hmmm, are you that moronic nutjob spammer from that crazy Christian forum I was at a few yrs ago?
    I certainly hope not cause as I remember it, you started out being civil and even had a few intersting things to say, but for reasons still unknown, you snapped and spammed the joint for what seemed like a 6-8 month period, then after the admin had a gutful, the place was unmoderated at which point you took the opportunity to troll for 2 weeks.

I'll never forget that name{Hugh Jonson...I assume that's a dick reference?}....and I'll never forget what you asked one of the female members{JJ}, you asked if she would bare her ass, or "rump" as you called it.
    You kept posting that you were masturbating over her clothed photo's and it was now time for some more flesh to fuel your sordid masturbating fantasies.

FYI, I wasn't a hardcore member and hadn't really made friends there, so I wasn't too concerned by your behaviour{although deeply curious}......so i'm hopeful that you've grown up somewhat, as you won't be able to troll mercilessly here my friend.

To bad if you take offense at my outing you, I truly believe that if you are the same spamming timebomb, then this forum should be aware and wary of you....also I believe you donned the username of Dooly Tilly and terrorised the F1 networks until getting your ISP shutdown....is that true?

You see the thing that fascinates me about trolls is that they're not always rednecks, so I guess I'm saying what's the source of your rage, rage that decimated an otherwise lowkey forum.

Are you even prepared to defend yourself?

17. Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson Member

No.

No.

No.

Yes... I mean no.

Clearly this Dooly Tilly has upset you in the past and I am truly sorry for the great deal of pain he must have caused. However, the past is the past and all things sugar and spice move forward. Onward to the future!

Is that a question or a statement?

I love questions. :)

My defence rests on my darling expression of innocence. :D

18. guy

guy Senior Member

why are you so angry??

19. Unbreakable_T

Unbreakable_T Member

you obviously don't know guy sebastian

20. guy

guy Senior Member

but i have a beautiful singing voice