Music

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by King Arthur, Feb 13, 2009.

1. King Arthur

King Arthur Member

What type of music do you like to listen to?

2. waukegan

waukegan Member

i like pretty much everything that comes my way from all eras.classical,opera,jazz,blues,country,rock,native,polka,ragtime,no need nameing them all.it would take all day.about the only music i haven't cared much for is rap and hip hop.it seems kind of boring .not very innovative,i probably just don't get it.i've heard a couple that were pretty good.i know it is very popular though.that maybe why i'm not really into it.

3. Buddha Fish

Buddha Fish wanderin' fish

my favorite band, right now, is the Grateful Dead. i even do a Grateful Dead set on my radio show which is 2 hours once a week.

they're my favorite because they are influenced by all kinds of genres of music, including one of my favorite artists, Bob Dylan.

i listen to anything that i like. i've learned that you have to "get" the music, you have to understand it. i've been learning to understand more types of music since i learned that. i was high when i learned it, i actually just learned on my own because i was high

the things i don't really like are hip hop, i like rap, and today's r&b and early early rock like elvis, and i'm sure there's a ton of music from the early 20th century

i've learned to liike classical music and jazz, like charlie parker, through a class i took in college

so maybe someday i will learn to enjoy all types of music

4. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

I love alot of different kinds of music. Basically the music I love is whatever sounds good to me.

It can range from anything to Irish music to psychadelic rock.

5. greenbud guru

greenbud guru Member

Depends on my mood..Janis & Beatles...AC/DC to SRV I am all over when it come to tunes.

6. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

Pretty much everything but techno

7. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

zeppelin, doors, jefferson airplane, niel young, iron& wine, fleetwood mac, hendrix, journey, heart

the list goes on

8. TiedyeDreams

TiedyeDreams Member

I think I pretty much agree with everyone in here. There are very few types of music I don't like...

I'm not much into rap or any of that anymore because I feel it's a genre that has sold out... Other than that I'm pretty much all for it. (Of course, most of my real favorite bands are all dead, though)

9. Nova?!

Nova?! The Walrus

I pretty much agree with almost everyone here.
    I'll listen to anything with a beat.
    But i'm not a big fan of rap. just not for me.

but, my heart lives in rock.
    psychadelic rock, modern rock, classic rock, you name it

10. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

to name only a few:

Adrian Belew, Aerosmith, Agitation Free, Alan Stivell, Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias, Alexis Korner, Alice Cooper, Amon Düül, Anyone's Daughter, Aphrodite's Child, Arthur Brown, Ash Ra Tempel, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Atomic Rooster, Bad Company, Barclay James Harvest, B.B. King, Beggars Opera, Big Brother & The Holding Company, Birth Control, Blackfoot, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Uhuru, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Blue Öyster Cult, Blue Cheer, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Bob Dylan, Bob Dylan and The Band, Boston, Brainticket, Burning Spear, Cactus, Camel, Can, Canned Heat, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Caravan, Carolyne Mas, Cheap Trick, Cheech & Chong, Chicago, Chicken Shack, Country Joe & the Fish, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Culture, Curved Air, David Bowie, David Lindley, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Dr. Hook, Eagles, East of Eden, Edgar Broughton Band, Electric Orange, Eloy, Embryo, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Eric Burdon & The Animals, Eric Burdon, Eric Clapton, Extrabreit, Family, Faust, Fehlfarben, Fischer-Z, Fleetwood Mac, Focus, Foreigner, Frank Zappa, Freygang, Frijid Pink, Frumpy, Gary Moore, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Gong, Grand Funk Railroad, Grateful Dead, Greenslade, Grobschnitt, Guru Guru, Hans Söllner & Bayaman Sissdem, Hans Söllner, Hawkwind, Heart, Hidria Spacefolk, Huey Lewis & The News, Humble Pie, Inner Circle, Iron Butterfly, Iron Maiden, It's a Beautiful Day, James Gang, Jane, Janis Joplin, Jean-Luc Ponty, Jeff Beck, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Jethro Tull, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Bonamassa, Joe Jackson, Joe Walsh, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, John Cale, John Mayall, John Mellencamp, Johnny Winter, Journey, Judas Priest, Jukka Tolonen, Kansas, Ken Hensley, King Crimson, Kraan, Krokus, Led Zeppelin, Linda Ronstadt, Little Feat, Little River Band, Loggins & Messina, Lou Reed, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Magma, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Marillion, Meat Loaf, Men at Work, Mitch Ryder, Moby Grape, Molly Hatchet, Motörhead, Mother's Finest, Mott the Hoople, Mountain, Nazareth, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Neil Young, Nektar, Nils Lofgren, Nina Hagen, Novalis, O Band, Outlaws, Out of Focus, Ozric Tentacles, Pat Benatar, Pat Metheny Group, Patti Smith, Pavlov's Dog, Peter Frampton, Peter Tosh, Phish, Pink Floyd, Popol Vuh, Procol Harum, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Rainbow, Renaissance, REO Speedwagon, Robert Fripp, Robin Trower, Rory Gallagher, Rossington Collins Band, Roxy Music, Roy Buchanan, Rufus Zuphall, Ruphus, Saga, Sahara, Santana, Savoy Brown, Saxon, Südstern 44, Schröder Roadshow, Skid Row, Sniff 'n' the Tears, Spirit, Spliff, Steamhammer, Steel Pulse, Steely Dan, Steppenwolf, Steve Hillage, Steve Miller Band, Steve Winwood, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Styx, Subject Esq., Supertramp, Syd Barrett, Taste, Ted Nugent, Ten Years After, The Allman Brothers Band, The Animals, The Byrds, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, The Doors, The Flock, The Jeff Healey Band, The Lovin' Spoonful, The Move, The Mothers of Invention, The Nice, The Outlaws, The Rolling Stones, The Stooges, The String Cheese Incident, The Tubes, The Velvet Underground, The Who, The Yardbirds, Thin Lizzy, Todd Rundgren, Tom Petty, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Toto, Traffic, Traveling Wilburys, Tri Yann, UFO, Ugly Kid Joe, Uriah Heep, Van der Graaf Generator, Van Halen, Vanilla Fudge, Wallenstein, Wigwam, Wishbone Ash, Xhol Caravan, Yes, Zone Six, 10cc, .38 Special

11. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

Anything but techno.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Spencer Davis Group, REM, CCS, Outkast and Massive Attack though

12. Pears

Pears Member

I've been listening to a mix of string cheese incident, moe, and Phish for the past couple months. If you want to find good music go to your library and check out random CD's..you'll find some good stuff.

13. Underblacksunshine

Underblacksunshine Member

Everything and anything.
    It's all amazing.

14. Revolver1966

Revolver1966 Member

Lately ive been into eric burden and the animals, ten years after, canned heat, zeppelin, pink floyd, the beatles, dylan, young, slightly stoopid, shwayze, RHCP and of course the greatest band of all time, THE DEAD!!!!

15. Revolver1966

Revolver1966 Member

both amazing bands, i really hope to go see the dead, phish and the allman brothers bands on their tour this year!

16. Fps_fred

Fps_fred Member

Most of the music i listen to is from the 70s or older.
    I love Folk, blues, rockabilly and bluegrass:)

The musicgenres that i can't stand is techno, hiphop and metal.

17. monterrey_purple

monterrey_purple Member

Music is very important to me. My favorite artists are The Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, The Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby Stills and Nash, The Who, Pink Floyd, John Lennon, Bob Marley, Brewer and Shipley, Ray Charles, Sublime, Woody Guthrie and The Band.

18. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

19. LorettaYoungSilks

LorettaYoungSilks Member

Every genre going really, anything good. But I must confess to liking Morrissey and Prince about mostly anything else.

Oh, and Tool.

20. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

60's and 70's rpck mostly , but i do like opera and classical music as well.
    And celtic , the bagpipes and fiddle give me goose flesh.