music making software?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Vapemaster, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

I'm looking for something like fruity-loops, acid, etc. Just wondering if anyone can suggest one that they prefer. Just name it, I can torrent it myself :)

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

My friend uses Cubase and Ableton live

3. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

Reason is good.

I also quite like Audiomulch to create loops and sounds and then cutting it all up in Acid...

What sort of stuff do you like making?

4. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

I'm not too sure yet, probably gonna be doing some techno type stuff and some rap beats. I have become bored with my life and I'm gonna start doing more arts related things. Come spring I'll be doing skate photography for some friends, gonna pick up the guitar agian and I figure since I like music I may as well take a stab at making my own shit.

5. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

Nice, I (badly) make kinda glitchy downtempo electronica, dirty minimal techno and tech-house kinda stuff...

Some of the more hip hoppy stuff I've done is with a mate who has a half decent home studio, he just got an Akai MPC 1000 so we've been having fun with that. A lot of our stuff is us playing organic instruments, bass, guitars, flutes etc and rearranging them into an electronic environment, quite interesting. Have been trying a few glitch hop tracks recently in the style of Vibesquad, Bassnectar, Prefuse 73, Ooah/Glitch mob etc..

Good luck! Post some of your tracks when you're done :)

6. DroneLore

DroneLore h8rs gon h8, I stay based

is there a place i can listen to any of your stuff? i remember correctly you're the mang whos into breakcore :cheers2: even if that's not what you make, good taste is sometimes an indicator of quality