Muscular Relaxants

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by andyundo, Jan 31, 2005.

1. andyundo

andyundo Member

Ever played Metal Gear Solid? Remember diazepam? The relaxant that snake uses to keep the rifle aim steady? Well, I've grabbed a couple of those and it feels goooooooood.

Ever tried muscular relaxants?

2. andyundo

andyundo Member

hey I just took a couple and it feels sooooooo good, i feel all warm and funny!!

edit:but hey moderators, move this to the pharmaceutical section please, i'm sorry, i didnt see it in the first place. and sorry for the double post

3. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Diazepam is not a muscle relaxer. It is a tranquilizer, aka Valium.

4. andyundo

andyundo Member

that thing, whatever you call it, my friend. :)

5. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

LOL@ the MGS reference...

6. The Flow

The Flow Member

Please don´t take diazepam (or any other benzodiazepine) too often, because you can become physically addicted VERY fast (I´ve worked with benzo-addictives for quite a long time, so I should know)!
    B.t.w.: Diazepam is a sedative as well as a muscle relaxant and also a anxiolytic (but the last 2 effects are not so strong), that´s why it´s used as a premedication before operations.

7. andyundo

andyundo Member

Lol, only thing my mind would relate it to!

8. RxHEAD

RxHEAD Member

This is very true. I started on Valium for anxiety over 11 years ago. Been taking daily for 11 years. I think I'm on it for life? Really I think if I stopped now I would die. Seriously. I don't think it even does anything but keep my body running right.

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

A lot of riflists (Is that a word) take Propranonol (a beta blocker, or heart medication) to steady their hand, this drug is also used for stage fright and opiate withdrawal, as it negates a lot of the body's "fight or flight" reactions.

It can cause asthma in some people though.