Multiple Myeloma

Discussion in 'Cancer: There is Hope' started by LittleKitty, Jul 1, 2013.

1. LittleKitty

LittleKitty Member

Hi friends!

My mother has recently been diagnosed with multiple myeloma (about a month ago). We have been unable to treat it so far because she has been trying to kick this pneumonia for the past month-ish but is finally coming home from the hospital after all of that time on Wednesday! Woo!

Now - I was wondering if anyone knows of any good places to find advice on a good diet plan for her. My sister and I are both devout vegans and VERY healthy, picky eaters. We wanted to create a plant-based plan for her but I don't think vegan or really even vegetarian is the way to go for her needs. Does anyone have experience with this and care to share what has worked for them or share any books or references that may help?

Thank you, bright lights!

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

That's Up To Her Doctor, Not Us, My Mother Had The

Same Diagnosis, And All I Can Say Is, It Is A Very Slow Moving Cancer,

And The Older The Patient The Slower It Spreads...:).

I Wish Her Well...:).

Cheers Glen.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My mother also had Multiple Myeloma. Hers was called "Light Chains". Hers was not very agressive. She took a small amount of oral chemo for it and also had a chemo drip about once a month.

She ate what she wanted to eat. There was no special diet other than the usual sensible, healthy diet.

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Try to make sure she has a balanced diet, as much as possible. I say that as if she has chemo there may be things for a time that she simply can not stand to eat. That is often part of the treatments side effect.

So nutritious as possible is the answer for most people.

Hope all goes well now she is home. :)

Heather