Mugwort

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by stebo32, Jun 24, 2006.

1. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

Dudes, go check out pics of "artemesia vulgaris" on google , print em out, take a walk near streets, fields, weeds... pick em up... make a tea before going to bed...

its that fuckin simple... theres mugwort everywhere... ive tried a tea... or more specifically boiled a cup of water with abou a tbsp of dried mugwort for 3-5 minutes. it should be lime green... drink it up, go to bed, and you'll dream crazy, i havent tried it during the day .. but its supposed to make ye trip a bit like weed.

oh and by the way... dont do Datura.

2. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

Weed's probably safer. Mugwort can build up toxins in the liver.

3. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

yea and chips and ice cream make your heart stop
    :p

just saying, its cool to try it out a few times, surely wont kill ya to do so ;)

4. kitty fabulous

I prefer pot, thanks.

Edited to add, the tea is best made by steeping, not boiling, maybe about 10 or 15 minutes. Mugwort can also be smoked; one of it's folk names is sailor's tobacco.

But pot's much, much better.

5. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

i dunno about that... ive always read a cup of water for a tbsp of dried mugwort, 2-3 minutes boiling... but hey as long as it works huh

and i take it as if youve already tried it... if not, its pretty close-minded from your part to just say pot is better just for the sake of it.. but yea i know, pot is better... but its fun to experiment different things

6. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

I tried mugwort tea before bed at about age 8 or 9. It was given to me by a friend's mother who was very into wicca.

I had a very vivid and intense dream that night, that I remember clearly to this day.

7. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

what was the dream like?

8. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

the dreams were way colorful, and i got lucidity quite often... but the best part was the "falling asleep" phase. i could practically feel a mass that wasnt my body over my body, maybe my atral body, i could sway it from side to sides. it was weird.

9. fuzz_acid_flowers

i saved a couple of photos so maybe if i ever come by some i might just try o_O

10. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

11. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

Well I was being chased by a odd looking man until he caught up with me and placed me in a makeshift prison in the woods near my house. I wasnt the only prisioner there as I remember a bald, sad-looking middleaged man was there too as well as a yoda like creature. I escaped the cell and ran as fast as a could in the direction of my house. Waiting at my house was 4 swat team members holding guns they shot and the bullets went through me and into the mans head. I remember it was graphically violent.

This dream seems to make a bit of sense which struck me as weird because my dreams are often complete nonsense.

12. fuzz_acid_flowers

wow where you at any point lucid?

13. kitty fabulous

Of course I've tried it. I harvest it from empty lots and dry it. I use it in incense, externally for muscle pain and cramps, and as a tea. I've agbout a year of college botany and several years study of wild plants and medicinal herbs.

Mugwort is an herb, as opposed to say a root or a seed, so you'd want to steep it, not boil it, for the best medicinal effects. Whoever told you to boil it apparently has no experience with medicinal plants, because boiling is better suited to roots, barks and seed as it may damage the constituents of the more delicate leaves and flowers. The tea is also used for menstrual disorders. It is dangerous to take while pregnant; it can cause miscarriage! And it will build up toxins in the liver with continued, frequent use.

Pot isn't just better, it's safer.

14. Devin

Devin Member

Kitty is right it will harm your liver. But i've smoked it a few times and i had a very lucid dream that i was stalking bigfoot :)

15. kitty fabulous

it's ok for occaisional use, but don't make a habit out of it.

hmm, i may go get some of the fresh leaf and eat it and see what kind of dreams i have. there's a ton of it outside. the leaf is edible, you can eat it in a salad mixed with other greens.

it used to be used in brewing beer, hence the name, mugwort. you can use it as a flavoring for potatoes, too, to be served with poultry, or plenty of butter.

16. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

mugwort expert in the house^

17. kitty fabulous

College botany, field natural history, years of independent study, and several classes and workshops on wild plants and herbalism. And yes, it is one of my favorites. Although I stand by my experience that pot is safer and infinately more pleasant and effective. :D

18. stalk

stalk Banned

all except for the fact that THC inhibits REM sleep,
    therefore totally negating the pleasures of vivid dreams
    and lucidity.

I'm a pothead,
    My dreams are fragmented.

If you have a lucid dream, or a vivid dream (with a story, or conflict, like dreams occur when sober)
    and you go to bed high,
    you got lucky.

Weed is wonderful for waking life, i love it
    i love it
    and i smoke it every day,
    but if you want to dream

meditate, sober.

I'm only 18, I still have a lot of pot smoking to do.

19. Medusamama

Medusamama Member

I just gotta say if you're going to collect and ingest herbs on your own, invest in a good botany key, like Vascular Plants of North America or the like and learn how to use it.

Lots of plants have "mimics" out there and unless you can key them out you you can't tell the differance.

For instance, Arch Angelica (used for treating the plague and making candy) look remakably like Hemlock (used for killing naughty philosophers) without keying them out most people can't tell the differance.

I'm all for wildcrafting and using herbs, but remember that YOU are taking responsibility for your own health. So be responsible.

20. Medusamama

Medusamama Member

:& Lag = triple posts