mtv

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by novarys, Jan 19, 2005.

1. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i was flipping thru the channels and stumbled across some new show "super sweet 16" or whatever its called
    wow talk about a waste of money for a tv show. I mean I realize that half the shows that are produced and actually aired on TV now a days are just a waste of time. But this was just so DUMB.
    I hold my own opinions so if you disagree with me, thats cool.
    I dunno, I mean, could there be anything more dumb than a reality series about parents who throw thier children super fantastic sweet 16 parties? Maybe I'm missing the whole point but whatever. It was just so lame. MTV basically sucks. They produce these half assed shows that seem to lower the self esteem of young kids each day (imo), (and if you ask me how it can lower the esteem of younger kids....just think about it long enough), they really just take up time and waste a load of money. They hardly ever play music videos, YES they play them but for what,like an hour during the day? and at night they play but then alot of the viewers are sleeping by then. k, so i just rambled alot but whatever
    anyway,
    thats all
    any opinions or thoughts on this?

2. juggla

juggla Member

fuck mtv, they only play like a hour of music a day and all the shows they do are aimed at preppy middle class teens.

3. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i hate mtv...primarly because its name is a lie. If it were a real music station, they would focus 24/7 on music, showing videos of all styles of music, not just what is on the mainstream.

I know there is a "mtv2" that provides music all day...so i hear...but the music that mtv provides even on mtv (1) is so terrible, why would i even concider looking into it? The only good music i have heard mtv play that i actually really like is franz ferdinand (heard of them before i heard them on mtv.), and modest mouse(been listening to them 2-3 years before they came on mtv.).

4. novarys

i've heard of the mtv2 thing, but for those of us who dont have the higher cable channels, we cant watch it. They play the crappiest music created on these so called music channels, i just wonder why they cant start another music channel (for those of us who cant afford the higher cable channels) that plays good classic rock, something that I could appreciate more, something w/o teeny boppers shaking thier ass all up in the camera.
    They have BET, BET JAZZ, VH1, MTV, CMTV (or whatever the country music channel is) and then FUZE, (and fuze plays nothing of which I'm remotely interested in.
    haha whatever.

5. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I've been watching MTV at night when there's nothing but paid programming on... :p

6. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Something tells me that these stupid teen shows are somewhat aimed at keeping the masses helplessly materialistic and depressingly shallow, giving corporate America an even tighter grip on the sheep that roam our local high schools.

7. novarys

well fuck that.
    if that be the case, all the more reason not to watch these channels, that dont serve a purpose to me anyway.

8. snelio37

snelio37 Member

hee, i have a classic rock channel

9. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Actually mtv2 is pretty much nothing but hiphop and Beavis and Butthead now.

Um I have nothing else to say that wasn't already said.. :p

10. novarys

do you have the higher channeled cable?

11. novarys

duely noted sir

hiphop sux *boooooo*[​IMG] so either way, we're not missing much, heh go figure

12. soulrebel51

So, if you think about it, mtv2 isn't even playing music. Music involves instruments...

13. novarys

false adveretisement

14. bonnaroo03

bonnaroo03 Member

theres nothing wrong with preps unless they are deusch bags. but yes Mtv is defintaly dirrected to the "IN" theme. i beat if Mtv was like this in 1969, all you would see would be Janis, Jimi, and The Who when they actauly played music.

15. soulrebel51

How can you leave out the Beatles and The Stones, they were at the top back then... :p

16. FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale Member

MTV...I could say a lot about MTV...but I won't say too much. All of their shows are centered around snobby, upbeat, let's-take-a-ride-in-daddy's-Jag-and-then-blow-four-grand-on-a-pair-of-shoes people. I used to watch Laguna Beach...but then I realised how much I would want to kill all of their characters in real life...It's all just a means to throw every weak-minded teenager into the not-so-tiny conglomerate of all things shallow. Let them drown if that's what they really want.

17. novarys

:D woo! im so glad i found another person who agrees with me on this. *high five*
    its so sad too how focused these TV shows are on this kind of stuff...but I guess in one way Im not all that surprised. I mean vanity and greed is all alot of people care about these days.

18. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I usually get bored while watching it... but I like to laugh at how much money people spend on stupid shit on there. :p

19. Logan9998

Logan9998 Member

i can pick up MTV2 if i went and bought an antennae from walmart..believe it or not i think its local here...but this is mississippi..the only thing they make here is rednecks and farm products.

20. FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale Member

But you have a beautiful river tied to you. :)