MTV sucks

Discussion in 'Music TV' started by morrisonforpres, Jul 26, 2006.

1. morrisonforpres

morrisonforpres Member

MTV is not music television these days it is reality tv television
    MTV is the reason rock and roll is dead becuase they took all of the people who loved the old real music television and slowley turned them on to reality tv and hip hop VH! is better than mtv but is slowly turning towards the same path

2. D2k

D2k Member

yeah your so right, they dont show music tv anymore, its just reality shows. why call it music television?

I tend to watch MTV Hits and Base. mind you even they are showing programmes rather then Music Videos which is what most people want.

3. mike214

mike214 Guest

MTV shows nothing but rap videos and reality tv bullshit. They can go fuck themselves.

4. Kon-El

Kon-El Member

Rap videos are cool!!!!!!!!

5. mike214

mike214 Guest

Rap videos suck ass.

6. Mayor West

Mayor West Member

well duh, MTV has been sucking since the end of the 90s, no mystery to that.

7. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

If you mute them normally you can watch girls with fat asses jiggle them around. That is what I love about rap videos.

8. SpaceTrippin

SpaceTrippin Banned

MTV has always sucked shit. Music videos are garbage. Why the fuck would anyone want to watch them. Not me......... Live footage of bands is the only way to see them.

9. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Obviously. I don't think that any of the bands I listen to have ever even had a music video. So what you do is like put on a show on your stereo, mute the tv, and watch chics shake their asses. It's that simple.

But I don't have cable. Owell.

10. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

i say we boycott it. im sick of it. it makes me so mad, its turning our generation into a bunch of spoiled bitches wining to their daddys that they dont buy them enough gucci. bleh!

11. Airfern1313

Airfern1313 Member

I never watch mtv unless one of my friends tells me to watch something. all the programming on it is just crap.

12. GratefulFloyd

GratefulFloyd Nowhere to fly to

I've been boycotting it my entire life. Not very effective.

13. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

all television channels that broadcast the mainstream shite that is the music of today SUCK

14. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

Fuse is a decent station.

15. zillagod

zillagod Member

MTV has sucked for more than 15 years now. I remember when MTV first came on the air back in 1980 or 1981. It was excellent. All they did was play music. None of this crap that they play now. The absolute best thing about MTV back then was the Saturday Night Concert. I had taped many of these on VHS. I had Rainbow, Triumph, Ozzy, Kansas, Quarterflash, 38 Special, and so many other concerts taped. They ended up getting stolen when I moved. I sure wish I could find someone who had all these concerts taped as I sure would like to have them on DVD now.

16. GratefulFloyd

MTV basically promotes STDs and brain damage.

17. clementinexo

clementinexo hip *****s sucks.

music television nowadays is a joke in general.
    what happened to the much music days when they would play nirvana?!?! now its all about jay z and paris hilton. what the fuck is that???

18. The Deer Hunter

The Deer Hunter Member

CORPORATE CRAPOLA. molding boys into wannabe rappers and girls into huge sunglass wearing sluts. if only the music was ranked on what people really wanted, and not just which company pays the most money. I did used to enjoy watching Beavis and Butthead though.

19. GratefulFloyd

Wildboyz is awesome too.

20. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I am shocked at why some people still pay for MTV via Sky Digital and/or NTL:telewest.

MTV stuff is widely available on TMF, Freeview channel 21. Check here: www.freeview.co.uk for more information.

There is also stuff like Pimp my ride on FiveUS, channel 35.

All in all MTV has its ups and downs but as I can only get TMF, I feel I am not really missing anything from MTV. Infact TMF is from MTV.